How old were you when you bought your first diesel truck - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2013, 06:57 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
How old were you when you bought your first diesel truck

I was just reading a thread guy was 33 and had just bought his first diesel saying he had to become an adult and find a career and what not which is all true your not on welfare to own these trucks but got me thinking am I really that fortunate to had owned a 30k plus truck at 29yrs old or do you all think thats about right also if you dont mind saying what you do for a living as well

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2013, 07:23 AM

Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Umm got my first diesel at 18. It was my 2005 6.0. Been on here since before I got it to learn how to take care of it. Learned fast about diesel power with minimal smoke so I bought custom tuning from Matt at gearhead. (I wasn't one of the high school kid coal rollers ) that was a nice business truck hand-me-down. For graduation(full ride to college for my grades) I got the title to it. So it was officially mine. When I was 20 years old, the business needed write offs so I got the option to sell my 05 and put the money towards my next really nice and almost new 2010 I have now while my dad upgraded to the 6.7. I have been super lucky to have nice vehicles to play with. But they are work trucks. My dad loves the attention around town. It makes him feel good when someone asks about that regular cab with the nice wheels on it and they tell them it looks really good. So you can say its a pretty good advertisement for a work truck. I really wish it was a crew cab or extended but maybe down the road. Hard work does pay off, you just lose your high school friends in the process

Btw, we are in the construction and remodeling business we got into septic tanks and sewer taps right before the economy took a dump and if it wasn't for the city forcing people to tap in or get their system fixed we prolly wouldn't be in business. We haven't done any building lately at all. Some excavation work and that's about it. But we have been blessed as a small business being diverse and can do many things which has kept us from going under like many of the small businesses have around us.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:30 AM
Don't you worry about it

I started really young so at 16 when I got my first diesel I was married and working and had a baby on the way. I kept that truck which was a 99 f250 2wd for a few years and when my wife got out of school and got a job I was 20 and I got the 2008 I have now and it was a year old when I got it.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:53 AM

I am 27 now and on my third diesel. My first diesel was my 05 6.0 I bought on Valentine's Day 2009. Traded my Jeep for it. My mom co-signed for me, but never made any payments. Sold it in 2011 got a Cummins Ram, sold it in 2011 (Dodge's chassis SUCKS) and got my King Ranch. Haven't had a co-signer since the 05.

The 05 two days after I bought it, all stock:

How it looked when I sold it, 35s XD Hoss wheels SCT tuned EGR deleted 5" stacks leveled:

The Dodge I had Aurora 4000 turbo, DD clutch, Quadzilla tuning, studs, intake :

Current rig is in the sig below... I've been very fortunate that I've had good jobs to be able to have such a hobby. Like I said, I've had a co-signer before, but not it in a long time...
Old 03-03-2013, 07:56 AM

I had just turned 26 when I got mine, the current truck you see in my sig. At the time I was a correctional officer but I've since taken a voluntary layoff in 2011 and gone back to college full-time. Fortunately for me I've been able to keep the truck and still drive it regularly, plus put modifications on it because I was careful when I bought it not to end up in the ditch if we somehow lost income. Good thing too cause I would have a hard time getting rid of it although the wife, house and everything else is a little more important haha.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:29 AM

My first was when i turned 21 but have since sold it since graduating from college. I have been looking to get back into a truck for a long time just haven't had the funds or it hasn't been the right time. Hopefully within the next year or so I can get back into one.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:32 AM

Re: How old were you when you bought your first diesel truck

29. Just bought my first almost a year ago. Ill never buy another gas rig again

Old 03-03-2013, 04:07 PM

I Got my first diesel one year after I came to US in 1990 ( daaamn 22+ years went by already) . For some reason I never liked gassers or pass. cars to begin with. I ve owned about.....6 of them. One GMC, one Dodge and the rest Fords. Never owned a new one (off the lot) either. Have bought most of them in auctions. I dont have alot a money by any means, Im actually not good with it .Yeah I make good money , but I can spend it quick. I hate banks or dealers. I give $1,000 a month to my wife for truck fund (which includes maint. & ins.). Been lucky to have her by my side. She is so good with the money . She convinced me one day long a go when she said " You going to pay for it in a way or the other, but the best way is when you WANT TO not when you re FORCED TO pay" . Twas hard at first ....Once i got into the habit....piece of cake. I dont count it either....when is time for a trade in or I had enough of it I whistle at her and go : " Hey woman. How much do I got for a new truck ? " . She goes "Weeell . So far You have $38,064" Im thinking "who cares about the $64" so I ask her "are you sure ?" like I know how much I got , but Im just making SURE. She goes " Yes Sweetie" . So I go to the garage supposedly to look for some...but really to crack a big smile thinking " fawk YEEEAAH. Alot more $ than I thought ." It took me almost 9 months to find the truck I got now . Bought it in NC 2,400 mls away in may 2012.
Old 03-03-2013, 04:22 PM

26, and have only had it since last October. Got the diesel and never looked back! Love my '04 SD! Wish I didn't have to take out a loan to fill her up, but I love that '04 Whistle! 3.95 a gallon, OUCH.

Old 03-03-2013, 04:25 PM

Got my first diesel when I was 17 it was a 93 f350 idi with a hypermax turbo setup and a 5 speed sweet truck. Then I went off to uti and took a hand me down 02 f150 from my father cause I needed something I could afford while in school. Finished paying that off and now I'm 21 worked as forklift mechanic for two years and going strong and about a year ago I traded my f150 in on my 06 f350 6 speed and been making payments since. On top of it all I got bit by the modification bug so I'm sure you all know where my money goes. Well my truck and mostly my 6 month old daughter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.