Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

henry

935 views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Lonno 
#1 ·
I purchased a 2005 F-250 crew cab on the 30th. It only has 35000 miles and is in really great . The price was very good also.This is my first diesel truck I had a F150 and was towing my 21ft toy hauler but is was having a very tough time handling the trailer. So I stepped up to this truck. I have been looking for a bone stock truck and finally found this one.

I need some help as what to look for as far as things that need to be done to keep it in good shape. I am somewhat a maontenance nut. I need to know what trans fluid I need to use as I plan on doing a flush,filter and drain. Someone said this trans has to have special oil like the allison.

So guys give me your vast knowledge so I can keep this baby in top shape
Henry

#2 ·
#4 ·
your off to a good start.....make sure to get all the supplements also, i still need to get one of them( not sure what one it was though).

#6 ·
Alot of people on here swear by amsoil, alot swear by Ford, and oil for the motor alot of people like Rotella T. But we have a vender on here who supplies Amsoil and a lot of members use him but a third of the memebers will say Rotella, another third will say Amsoil, and the other third will say Ford, I dont think you can go wrong either way. But Also I noticed about half a mile to a mile per gallon increase by running synthetic.

#10 ·
right now i have Ford in the tranny(i havn't needed to change it since i bought it yet) and the engine i run Rotella T synthetic 5w-40, I put 15W-40 non synthetic at the start of winter, and wasn't happy with the way it would start in the winter, the 5w-40 im much happier with but the 15w-40 is great in the winter i just havn't got to run the 5w-40 in summer yet. But to make a long story short, i plan on running all Amsoil in everything next time a change it all. Execpt i have a 55 gallon drum of 15W-40 Rotella T i figured i would empty first........

#11 ·
Fill out your sig for better help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.