I have to vent about #2 prices... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2006, 11:09 AM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Angry I have to vent about #2 prices...

I am new here, I know. Its a horse that has beaten beyond recognition, I know....but I am am so wound up over the fact that unleaded is 2.89 and I am paying 3.20 (central valley Ca) What? the Strategic Oil Reserve flood gates only burp unleaded???? Did the pipeline carry refined gasoline instead of oil? I am considering WVO etc, but cant substantiate (i.e sell to the wife) begging in a foreign language at every "non burger joint" for the left over oil. Not to mention whatever means to transport if my translator did work and the store owner wasn't threatened by the county about giving it away to people who could potentially dump it.

If I took the hit and dropped 3k on a biodiesel maker
http://www.realgoods.com/renew/shop/...700&ts=4000001

and it churned out 40g every 48 hrs...I could theroretically sell it for 2$ a gallon. Where the heck are the investors? Why is BioWillie asking 3.29 per gallon for B20,10o etc? How hard is this

Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrr rhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2006, 11:33 AM
I don't know nuttin....

Don't waist your time making Bio. I collected 300 gallons of used vegi oil this last weekend. Took me 2 hours cause I have a small 12vpump. I pumped out a full WVO dumpster - the restaurant gives me there oil in the 5 gallon jugs at another store location and they caled me and asked if i could pump there dumpster and the other store cause the renderer had failed (for 10 days) to show up and dump it and he had no more room in it to put his old oil.
So i went home with about $1000.00 worth of free fuel.
Check out the link in my sig. It's well worth it. Call up Jason at Vegi stroke and tell him Mr. Henry from OK refered you. He's a super nice guy and will help you out in every way possible.
I'm not getting payed to refer people to him, just trying to help you out and promote a cheaper, cleaner burning, renewable fuel option.

Old 08-28-2006, 05:47 PM
Power Strokeaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tierhog774 View Post
I am new here, I know. Its a horse that has beaten beyond recognition,

Old 08-28-2006, 05:49 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by super_stroke View Post
thats a good one bill!
Old 08-28-2006, 05:51 PM
Jon

Yeah it sucks.

I hope it doesn't get that bad here. We have unleaded at $2.65 and Diesel at $2.89. I remember when Diesel was ALWAYS atleast $0.25 less then unleaded.
Old 08-28-2006, 06:00 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Rob Send a message via MSN to Rob Send a message via Skype™ to Rob
Feel lucky that you are only paying 3.20 a gal. I live in northern utah, i am paying anywhere from 3.43 to 3.59. It is so rediculous. I cant believe i am acutually paying that much. The kicker is, i live 20 minutes from an oil refinery. How can fuel cost so much if they are so close? I heard on the news this morning that "drivers can feel a little more at ease at the pump because the price has fell an average of 15 cents". What i want to know is where? the only change i have seen is an increase. Oh well. All i know is that when it hits 4.00 a gal that is when i call it quits, i will trade it in for a gasser.
Old 08-28-2006, 06:26 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHenry View Post
Don't waist your time making Bio. I collected 300 gallons of used vegi oil this last weekend. Took me 2 hours cause I have a small 12vpump. I pumped out a full WVO dumpster - the restaurant gives me there oil in the 5 gallon jugs at another store location and they caled me and asked if i could pump there dumpster and the other store cause the renderer had failed (for 10 days) to show up and dump it and he had no more room in it to put his old oil.
So i went home with about $1000.00 worth of free fuel.
Check out the link in my sig. It's well worth it. Call up Jason at Vegi stroke and tell him Mr. Henry from OK refered you. He's a super nice guy and will help you out in every way possible.
I'm not getting payed to refer people to him, just trying to help you out and promote a cheaper, cleaner burning, renewable fuel option.

I'd really like to know more about your setup and how well your 6.0 works on WVO. I'd really like to ease my diesel consumption...
Old 08-29-2006, 07:32 AM
I don't know nuttin....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokancraig View Post
I'd really like to know more about your setup and how well your 6.0 works on WVO. I'd really like to ease my diesel consumption...
It works wonderfully. If you didn't know, and maybe you did, one of the first diesels made by Rudolf Diesel was displayed at the world fair and it was powered on peanut oil. He had a vision and was designing his engine to burn a clean remewable fuel - specifically plant oil. It was after his death that his design was altered to use the new, more popular petro diesel.
I altered mine back to the way it was intended to work 112 years ago.
There is almost no difference in petro diesel and soybean oil (as far as how it burns in a compression combustion engine) except the viscosity. As far as how the engine likes it, it likes it better than petro. It is very lubricating as diesel no longer is. It has a little lowere cetane value so i use an additive and it helps alot. My engine doesn't "clatter" as loud. It makes a little more smoke that petro. What else do you want to know?
If your serious, i can get you the hook up and it really is addictive when you just drive for literally thousands of miles without stopping to fill the diesel tank! I picked up 300 gallons of used oil this last Sat. and it was free. Do that math...how much $$$ value would 300 gallons equate to where you live?

I got 2300 miles out of my last tank of petro.

Last edited by Clay Henry; 08-29-2006 at 07:37 AM.
Old 08-29-2006, 08:23 AM

Sounds like a good deal, I'll look into to converting mine next year...
Old 08-29-2006, 08:26 AM

Yeah I flew into a rage yesterday...87 was $2.29 and diesel was $3.05!!!! What the heck is up w/ that. Doesn't it take LESS money and time to create a gallon of diesel vs gasoline? That's BS...I think it's time for the trucking companys to say "yeah, we're not rolling till these prices come down"...and see how long it takes for half of America to come to a screeching halt due to no big rigs transporting anything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.