01 7.3 or 06 6.0 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2006, 02:20 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
01 7.3 or 06 6.0

Here is the story. I have my 01 at the dealership having the torque converter replaced under the transmission warranty. The dealer calls me and tells me that they have inventory that is not moving and wanted to know if I would be interested in an 06 new identical to my 01. They want my truck
01 4x4 crew cab Lariat 7.3 107,000 miles and 25,200 using X plan for the new one. I have yet to check the numbers thru NADA. My truck is like new, I keep all my vehicles in as close to pristine condition as one can using them for daily drivers, if they look good to me I do not get new truck fever. Biggest concern, will I be as pleased with the 6.0 as opposed to the 7.3. Both trucks are white with Arizona beige lower and tan leather interior, both loaded Lariats. Looks like they are offering x-plan minus 17000 for my truck.

Chris
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2006, 02:28 PM
Jon

How ever it works out.

Make sure you get atleast 22,000 for your truck.
Old 08-24-2006, 04:33 PM
Banned

as jon said, 17k is way too low for that truck......trade in or not....

Personally i would stick with the horse that brought ya. Those motors are such dependable beasts and we dont yet know what the 6.0 is gonna be like longevity wise. Probably will be just fine, but i dont personally know....just my opinion though...

they will turn around and get 21-25k for your truck......7.3's in good shape are in demand right now
Old 08-24-2006, 04:47 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc View Post
as jon said, 17k is way too low for that truck......trade in or not....

Personally i would stick with the horse that brought ya. Those motors are such dependable beasts and we dont yet know what the 6.0 is gonna be like longevity wise. Probably will be just fine, but i dont personally know....just my opinion though...

they will turn around and get 21-25k for your truck......7.3's in good shape are in demand right now
Thanks Marc and Jon, not really wanting another truck, happy with the one I have. I'm thinking I will keep it.
Chris
Old 08-24-2006, 04:58 PM

Please dont buy that 6.0 i did the same thing that happened to you but i bought the 6.0 and absolutely hated and ended up makeing ford buy it back. The 7.3 to me is way much better. The 6.0 to me just isnt as much of a truck as the 7.3. Also i put a 5 inch straight pipe on it and caused many problems check engines lite and power many things went wrong. The Y pipe split within the first week i had it
Old 08-24-2006, 05:18 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to 99Smokin73Stroker Send a message via Yahoo to 99Smokin73Stroker
unless you just want a 6.0, stick with what you have. From the sounds of it you take good care of what you have and it should last you many many more trouble free miles.
Old 08-24-2006, 05:47 PM
The Fat Mod

Yeah I think I would stay with the 7.3. It would just let me rest a little easier knowing that all I really had to worry about would be a CPS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.