Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

7.3 wierd niose

918 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  strokerboy73 
#1 ·
Have a 2003 Crew Cab Long box. 7.3L. 169,000 mile. Noticed that shortly after i start my truck it makes a strange noise. Not sure how to explain the sound :confused:. Sorta sounds like something on the intake maybe. as if something had built pressure and popped into place or out of place??? not sure. Let me know if anyone has an idea???

#3 ·
as far as???? not sure what else do you need? everything stock, besides banks six gun. And it did this before the banks.

#5 ·
Right after i start it. hot or cold. Not in gear yet i just started it...

#6 ·
b4 or after oil pressure comes up?

#8 ·
i know exactly what you re hearing , every time the truck cranks , the abs module does a self test , which causes the solenoids to open, inside the hydraulic unit , that is normal, another thing you could be hearing is if you ave the the temperature control on at all, if the compressor comes on right after you start it it will also make a similiar noise, due to oil resting in bottom of copressor tht is also normal, cut everything off let it sit and see if it does it when you start it then

#9 ·
i know exactly what you re hearing , every time the truck cranks , the abs module does a self test , which causes the solenoids to open, inside the hydraulic unit
i almost beat this is what it is then. Cause i always turn all my temp. controls and everything off before i shut my truck off. Thanks for the help :thumb:. let me know if you think of anything else.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.