ashamed - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2007, 03:35 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Jesse.James
ashamed

well i got a good story to tell you guys i wasnt goin to but i decided you all may need a laugh. saturday i went on a bus trip to New York City with my brother and his wife and a couple others. well we got back home at about 2:15 a.m. so i told them to wait at the holiday inn we had left from and i would go get my truck cuz the weather was bad and it was sleeting and my truck was about 1/4 mile away. so i walk to my truck and get in, turn the key and right away i notice my "wait to start" flashes on and goes right back off. so im thinkin this is not good cuz its prolly like 20 degrees out and truck has about an inch of ice all over it. so i crank on it and it wont start so my mind starts thinkin of everything i have had heard of here on the org. that could be wrong. my first thot is grow plug relay but im thinkin shouldnt the light have stayed on anyhow, but i try jumpin across the relay anyhow and it doesnt work. so im thinkin maybe a fuse blew so i check all of them and nothing. im so tired, cold, mad, wet and everything else im about to just call my road side assistance. well its about 1/2 hr later and i figure maybe ill unhook my chip just encase something happened to it, i was runnin out of ideas. so i unhook it and try it again sure enough the light comes on and it fires up! im thinkin what the heck while im sitting there waitin for the ice to thaw off the windshield it comes to me......i set my chip in the anti theft setting! i couldnt believe it i felt so stupid i looked at my brother and i said didnt i tell you i was setting this an anti theft and he's like yeah i think you did say that. im blaming is 24 hrs with out sleep. but atleast nothing was broke, altho i prolly took 5years off the life of my starter. just thot i would thro this out here encase anyone else uses their anti theft for the first time maybe make a note and put in the steering wheel so u remember. lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2007, 03:47 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
well at least you know the anti theft setting works good...lol
Old 12-18-2007, 05:00 PM
Premium Member

Well that's kinda funny!! Glad ya figured it out though. I was driving once and turned my TS to the anti-theft by accident and the truck turned off on the highway!! Whoops!!
Old 12-18-2007, 05:06 PM
Ole White

That's pretty funny surprised it's never happened to me, have that setting, at leased nothing was wrong with your truck
Old 12-20-2007, 05:44 PM

Send a message via MSN to Jesse.James
yeah i couldnt believe it i thot the ol girl was gonna let me down, turns out it was all me! but i can laugh about it now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.