Truck - Total Loss - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2007, 08:51 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 99Smokin73Stroker Send a message via Yahoo to 99Smokin73Stroker
Truck - Total Loss

I received a call a short while ago from an outside adjuster for my insurance company. He informed my truck has damage to the frame too costly to repair and it will be declared a total loss. He did however say that I can take off any extra accessories and aftermarket parts, unless they affected the running condition of the truck unless I replace them with stock parts......such as my turbo and injection pump. My buddy's 03 will be the new home for at least my turbo and pump, they're coming off tonight for the swap. Everything else that I have may be for sale soon unless I decide to keep them for a possible future truck.
DieselSmoke59 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Anyone know anyone with a 3rd gen Cummins that wants stock alloys? I can swap mine for cash and a set of stock steel wheels to go back on my truck. You can PM me for my info. I'm located in Indianapolis.

Thanks to all who posted in the other thread and helped me feel better!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2007, 09:01 AM
one day at a time

Sorry to hear Adam. I just looked at your pictures and from what I see a good body shop would have an easy time fixing it. I didn't see any shots of the frame but I'm betting that can all be straightened out too, only thing that sucks is you'd have a prior salvage title with little resale. If it was me I'd see what the insurance company would let it go for and find out how much a total fix would run too. Sometimes it doesn't work out money wise when you have to pay someone for all the repairs, but sometimes you can make out like a bandit. Just a thought.
Old 12-18-2007, 09:05 AM
Banned

oh my

sorry to here that about your truck. It sounds like it was a sweet ride.
Old 12-18-2007, 09:09 AM
Slacker

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Sorry to hear about that, Adam.
Old 12-18-2007, 09:10 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Rob Send a message via MSN to Rob Send a message via Skype™ to Rob
man, that really sucks. looks as if the other truck took the most damage though. really glad you are ok bud....
Old 12-18-2007, 09:24 AM

Thats a bummer man...now what? Time for a new truck? Gonna stay with the Dodge/Cummins?
Old 12-18-2007, 09:32 AM
I don't know nuttin....

I find it interesting how the Chevy folded like a cheap lawn chair compared to the Dodge. Maybe thats not a fair comparision - side inpact vs. front impact.
I was in a wreck once in a ford gaser (telephone pole head on at 45) and the wrecker driver told me i should feel lucky i wasn't in a chevy or i would have been seriously injured or dead cause the motor would have been in my lap...as it was the motor in my ford never got touched. Not bashing chevy but that is what he told me. They are just thinner metel or something. Thats the main reason i drive ford now.
Glad your okay Adam.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:10 AM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Blue01F250 Send a message via Yahoo to Blue01F250
ummm... how did they total that truck?!?!?!?! Did the impact mess up the engine? because that is the only way that truck isn't repairable... the rest are just front end parts, left side bed and doors/cab and frame work...hrmmm

The only way I was EVER able to total a truck like yours was if it rolled

Glad you are okay and they seem to be a pretty cool insurance company (or at least adjuster) by letting you know about those aftermarket parts are getting them no more in value for NADA and such, but would get them more at the auction!
Old 12-18-2007, 10:26 AM

Send a message via AIM to 99Smokin73Stroker Send a message via Yahoo to 99Smokin73Stroker
He said there was a pretty good buckle in the frame. I'd like to have it back, but the more I think about it I am not so sure I would want it......We'll be leaving shortly to take off and swap parts.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'strokeThis_'07 View Post
Thats a bummer man...now what? Time for a new truck? Gonna stay with the Dodge/Cummins?
Dunno yet, it's up in the air at this point. Had a Ford PSD, had a Cummins, might try a Dmax........on second thought, naaaaaahhh....
I am going to see how much it will cost to buy it back first. I won't fix it, but I would be parting it out. Engine alone can get 3500....
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHenry View Post
I find it interesting how the Chevy folded like a cheap lawn chair compared to the Dodge. Maybe thats not a fair comparision - side inpact vs. front impact.
I was in a wreck once in a ford gaser (telephone pole head on at 45) and the wrecker driver told me i should feel lucky i wasn't in a chevy or i would have been seriously injured or dead cause the motor would have been in my lap...as it was the motor in my ford never got touched. Not bashing chevy but that is what he told me. They are just thinner metel or something. Thats the main reason i drive ford now.
Glad your okay Adam.
Thanks Clay. Yeah, I guess the chevy to weight quite a bit less than 5k, being a little half ton 2wd regular cab.......I never weighed mine, but I would guess it to be at or over 77-7800lbs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.