Would someone be so kind to do an Oasis and or Carfax please? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2013, 02:03 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Would someone be so kind to do an Oasis and or Carfax please?

I'm sorry to ask guys, but it seems that I am spending a small fortune on Carfax. Perhaps someone could run a Carfax or Oasis on 1FTXW43R68EA37566. This is a truck that I'm interested in, but Autocheck left me feeling cautious.

Thanks in advance,
Gil
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2013, 02:23 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollieandgil View Post
I'm sorry to ask guys, but it seems that I am spending a small fortune on Carfax. Perhaps someone could run a Carfax or Oasis on 1FTXW43R68EA37566. This is a truck that I'm interested in, but Autocheck left me feeling cautious.

Thanks in advance,
Gil
http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webvie...XW43R68EA37566
Old 02-12-2013, 02:53 PM

DieselFord,

Thanks a bunch, though it is interesting, it doesn't really help me very much. I've never seen an Oasis report, I'm assuming that it will show me service work performed at the dealership. Am I correct?

This truck is in TX and I'm in KY, so I'm trying to learn as much as I can about it before buying or passing on it.

Gil
Old 02-12-2013, 05:18 PM

If you become a premium member, there is a seperate section for oasis reports
Old 02-12-2013, 05:39 PM

Where at in TX?
Call a dealer, most will run it for you.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:41 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

this may be hard to read but this is the warranty history for this truck.....its had a lot of repairs done. There were other repairs but these were the more significant ones.

Customer Comments L29 TRAILER LIGHTS COME ON WHEN PLUGED IN. TRAILER BRAKES LOCK UP WHEN PLUGED IN. WIRE FAULT DISPLAYED WHEN TRAILER PLUGED IN
Tech Comments 3189 CHECK FOUND C2806 IN TRAILER BRAKE CONTROL MODULE. PERFORM PIN POINT TEST AND PID MONITOR RECORD EVERYTHING OPERATING NORMALY. RUN OASIS AND CHECK FOR TSB AND SSM FOUND SSM 19730 REMOVE REAR TRAILER CONNECTOR AND CHECK FOUND WATER IN CONNECTOR. CHECK FOUND NO CORROSION , CLEAN OUT CONNECTOR AND ADD DIELECTRIC GREASE. CLEAR CODE AND RECHECK OK. TEST DRIVE OK. NO OTHER PROBLEMS

Customer Comments L29 DRIVER SIDE FRONT REAR FENDER LIGHT LOOSE
Tech Comments 9305 CC 42, REQUEST MT FOR REMOVAL OF WHEEL AND SPLASH SHEILD. VERIFIED LEFT REAR ORANGE MARKER LIGHT LOOSE. REMOVED LEFT REAR WHEELS. REMOVED LEFT REAR INNER SPLASH SHEILD. READJUSTED MARKER LIGHT BRACKET. REINSTALLED SHEILD AND TIRE WHEEL ASSEMBLY. OK AT THIS TIME.

Customer Comments C05 A C BLOWER MOTOR INOP AT TIMES. A C BLOWER MOTOR GOES UP AND DOWN ON ITS OWN AT TIMES
Tech Comments 10739 PERFORMED ELECT DIAG REMOVED GLOVE BOX AND REPLACED BLOWER MOTOR SPEED CONTROLER RETESTED VERFIED REPAIR

Customer Comments D21 ENGINE DIES WHILE DRIVING
Tech Comments 11523 42.9229 FOUND UNIT WOULD NOT START. CHECKED OILL LEVEL, FOUND UNIT OVER FULL. RETRIEVED DTCS P2291 ODDT C. CMDTCS P0087,P1000,P1260,P2291. FUEL PUMP PR ESSURE 6 PSI. VPWR 10.5 V. CKP AND CMP WHILE CR ANKING TEST, RPM 225 SYNC YES. MONITORED FRP 0 PSI AND .48 V. CALLED HOTLINE TO FIND OF SEEN PROBLEMS. WAS RECOMMENDED TO REMOVE BOTH VALVE COVERS AND CHECK FOR LEAKING INJJECTOR

Customer Comments L29 C S THAT DRIVERSIDE REARE MARKER LIGHT IS FALLING OFF.
Tech Comments 13553 BASE WARRANTY CUSTOMER STATES DRIVER SIDE REAR SIDE MARKER LAMP IS OFF BODY.VERIFIED CONCERN MARKER COMMING APART WILL NOT STAY ON BODY...REPLACED MARKER FP 15442 AND RETEST OK...MARKER INPOSITION ON REAR BODY..OK

Customer Comments L87 CK FOR COOLANT LEAK
Tech Comments 25920 42.8009,42.8592 VERIFIED CONCERN. FOUND UNIT 1.5 GAL LOW ON COOLANT. ADDED WATER TO PRESSURE TEST COOLING SYSTEM TO LOCATE LEAK, FOUND COOLANT DRIPPING FROM UPPER RAD HOSE AT THERMOSTAT HOUSING, AND FOUND COOLANT LEAKING FROM RADIATOR DRIVERS SIDE CRIMP FRONT. REMOVED RADIATOR AND COOLERS. REMOVED UPPER RAD HOSE, FOUND THERMOSTAT HOUSING GROOVED FROM UPPER RAD

Customer Comments OWNER STATES THAT SUNROOF CONTROL SWITCH IS LOOSE
Tech Comments REPLACE OVERHEAD CONSOLE

Customer Comments C S VEHICLE IS LEAKING COOLANT
Tech Comments 39853 ESP DEDUCTABLE ENGINE HAS COOLANT LEAK ROADTEST IDS MONITOR ENGINE COOLANT TEMPERATURE PERFORM THERMOSTAT OPERATION TEST PASS OK PRESSURE TEST COOLANT SYSTEM TO PINPOINT SOURCE OF LEAK REPLACE LEAKING RADIATOR ASSEMBLY TOP OFF WITH FRESH COOLANT RETEST OK

Customer Comments C S VEHICLE STILL OVERHEATING ADVISE
Tech Comments 40296 POWERTRAIN WARRANTY CC 55 FP 6A642 HOTLINE CONTACT ID 103453839 TOPPED OFF COOLING SYSTEM OVER 2 GALLONS LOW PRESSURE TEST COOLING SYSTEM HOLDING 15 PSI OK PERFORM ROADTEST TO DIAGNOSIS THERMOSTAT OPERATION FAILED EXCESSIVE TEMPERATURE CYCLING AT HWY SPEEDS REPLACE BOTH FAULTY THERMOSTATS AND RETEST.. AT 70 MPH ECT 204 TO 208 DEGREES OK EOT 222 TO 228 DEGREES FAILED OVER SPEC REMOVE CAB

Customer Comments C STATES CHK ENGINE LIGHT IS ON. HESITATES AT 55 65 MPH. AT TAKE OFF ENGINE CHOKES DOWN
Tech Comments 46560 DIESEL WARR..CC:42..FP;FRP SENSOR VERIFY CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ON AND ENGINE HESITATES LACKS POWER..... PERFORM DIESLE DIAG PERFOMRANCE STEPS .. PERFOMR VISUAL ENGINE INSPECTION.. CHECK OIL FOR LEVEL AND CONTAMINATION NORMAL.. CHECK SUFFICIENT CLEAN FUEL NORMAL.. CHECK INTAKE AIR RESTRICITON 2 IN H20.. CHECK EXHAUST RESTRICTION 26PSI.. PERFORM KOEO SELF TEST P0192.. RETRIEEV

Customer Comments ENGINE OI IS LEAKING
Tech Comments ADDED ENGINE OIL DYE & RAN ENGINE,CK.WITH DYE LIGHT & FOUND FRONT OIL PUMP COVER LEAKING OIL.REMOVE RADIATOR & FAN TO GAIN ACCESS,REMOVE DAMPER & FRONT OIL PUMP COVER.REPLACE GASKET,REPLACE CRANKSHAFT SEAL.REASSEMBLE & RERAN ENGINE,RECK.FOR OIL LEAKS & NO OTHER LEAKS AT THIS TIME

Customer Comments C/S L65 ENGINE IS LEAKING FLUID AT REAR OF ENGINE AREA.
Tech Comments VERFIY OIL LEAK AT REAR OF ENGINE.... PERFORM DIESEL OIL LEAK DIAG.. REMOVE 4X4 AUTO TRANS.. REPLACE LEAKING REAR MAIN SEAL.. REASSEMBLE VEHICLE TEST DRIVE OK
Old 02-13-2013, 11:39 AM

Thanks for that. I've decided that the Ford diesels are just too much trouble for me. I see too many people with severe problems with the 6.4L. I know I'm stepping on toes, and that's not my intention. I know also that there are many happy 6.4L owners too. But gee whiz, removing the cab to replace head gaskets and also seeing that head gaskets are replaced on these engines with what is almost routine frequency, that's just more than I'm willing to tolerate.

But again, thank you for the Oasis and the copy of the window sticker. Good luck to all of the Powerstroke owners, I'm going to be buying an 07' Ram 3500 Laramie dually in about 2 hours.

I'm going to advertise my F250 for sale in the For Sale Section. Anyone wanna buy my F350 in my sig? It runs like a raped ape and will roll coal if you are into that sort of thing. It just won't start without laying a gasoline soaked rag over the intake.

Gil
Old 02-13-2013, 12:01 PM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFord View Post

WOW, that's a great resource! Unfortunately, when I replace my VIN with the one in the link it comes back "VIN not in our system"

Isn't this FORD?

I'd love to see my original sticker, my truck has been repainted and the Door Sticker was removed...
Old 02-13-2013, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRalPh View Post
WOW, that's a great resource! Unfortunately, when I replace my VIN with the one in the link it comes back "VIN not in our system"

Isn't this FORD?

I'd love to see my original sticker, my truck has been repainted and the Door Sticker was removed...
try from this start and make sure of the O's and zero's

Use your VIN number to get Ford Window Sticker
Old 02-13-2013, 03:32 PM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Thank you for the new link, still doesn't like my VIN

I even try changing one of the last 3 digits a dz times, it's 17 characters, no "zeros", must be my browser's security settings or something (I'm pretty locked-up).

Thx anyway, still a cool link!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.