Trans Temp Gauge Dancing all over? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2013, 08:19 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Angry Trans Temp Gauge Dancing all over?

This is the email I sent GlowShift and Raul at Stealth, but wanted to see if anyone else had the same thing happen to their Trans Temp gauge with sending unit in the tranny pan.

Good afternoon,

I was driving on I70 today and noticed my trans temp gauge was jumping all over the place, and then took note that it was basically going from like 220-260, and then 180-220, then 260-300, etc. When I stopped to fuel up and restarted I noticed the gauge was fine for about 20 minutes then started again. I got home and let the truck run while the gauge was doing this and got under my 250 and checked the lines and checked the ones in the engine bay along with behind the gauge. Seemed like everything was fine but the gauge continued to jump.

I've had them for about 4 years now so just guessing it needs replaced, but was curious if that sounded like the gauge was done or if maybe something else. The temp was 140 when it wasn't jumping around and obviously trans temp doesn't fluctuate like that anyways.

It looks like it's just a simple unplug and replug a new gauge if that is what it sounds like the issue is. I Just don't want to buy a gauge them find out that it's the sending unit, although if that's included in the gauge which it looks like it is, I would just rewire it.

Any advice as it would be greatly appreciated.

I have the GS-C712 for the record and like I said have had it on my F250 for about 4-5 years, so definitely not worried if I should just replace it, I know that placement of the sending unit along with location in the pillar pod makes it prone to wear.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.