QUESTION about The Eco Systems Fuel Vapor - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2006, 02:39 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
QUESTION about The Eco Systems Fuel Vapor

Heh Folks
i hope everyone is having a great day out there.
i have a question please.
Has anyone ever heard of or is using the device on this website. The link was sent to me by a buddy and he was asking me about it. I have never heard of it, but would like to see if anyone is using it and how it actually performs.

http://www.fuelecosystems.com

The Eco Systems Fuel Vapor Enhancer

I got a qoute from the distributor for the ECO-4 with Quick Disconnect Kit overnight $439 + Tax + Shipping

Thanks ahead of time for you thoughts and comments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2006, 02:50 PM
Power Strokeaholic

i dont know man. seems like a lot of money. you ever see them magnet things in jc whitney that claim to give you ungodly amounts of miles per gallon? they remind me of those. spend alot of money to save a little bit of fuel. just like those tornado thing's. i wont be buying one.
Old 08-09-2006, 04:13 PM
Banned

looks pretty sketchy to me as well
Old 08-11-2006, 08:58 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Looks Like It, Feels Like It And Tastes Like It

Most of the other forums agree.
BS of a major magnitude.
it comes with a 90 day warranty and my powerstroke shop says he will install it and UN install it for free
i don't know
maybe next month i will try it and if it suc6s, i will let everyone know and i will take my lumps like powerstroking fool i am
Old 08-11-2006, 09:14 AM
PIPE HITTER

Hey Robert, welcome, good to have another Houston local on board.

I'm going to have to agree with the majority, most if not all of the add-on fuel savers are just BS, good maintainence and moderate driving is your best bet for more MPGS. Just curious what kind of MPG's are you getting with your Ex.?
Old 08-11-2006, 09:49 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for the welcome gcop
"moderate driving ?
what's that ?
The way i drive, I get about 12. If my wife drives it, about 17.
wait wait, let me explain
it's because i only work about 4 miles from my house, i start the truck while i put my boots on, and by the time i get out to the Exc, it's just getting warmed up and i head to work, 4 - 6 minutes idling, 6 minutes to work. Crappy gas mileage and replace the batteries about every two years, but i can run home for lunch every day and theres not traffic, so i'm happy. On the road, I have gotten 18 out of it one time going to the boats to throw some money away in Lake Charles. Never got over 1950 rpms though. Probably had a west wind behind me. Filled on my side of town, filled up in Lake Charles, then filled up again when i got back home. Only got 16.5 coming back. Must have been that beepbeepbeepbeep head wind....

later

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcop
Hey Robert, welcome, good to have another Houston local on board.

I'm going to have to agree with the majority, most if not all of the add-on fuel savers are just BS, good maintainence and moderate driving is your best bet for more MPGS. Just curious what kind of MPG's are you getting with your Ex.?
Old 08-11-2006, 09:55 AM
PIPE HITTER

The short trips will kill you, I do a lot of that myself, about the worst I get is around 16-17, unless I am down right abusive Long hiway tripps are a bit more forgiving if I drive steady with cruise control on ay around 65 I will get 22-23.
Old 08-11-2006, 10:27 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

22-23 ??

22-23 ??
D@mn, i have never gotten that kind of mileage. i must be way abusive. Is that off the computer or actual mileage divided by gallons at fill up ???
Maybe i need to turn my chip off.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcop
The short trips will kill you, I do a lot of that myself, about the worst I get is around 16-17, unless I am down right abusive Long hiway tripps are a bit more forgiving if I drive steady with cruise control on ay around 65 I will get 22-23.
Old 08-11-2006, 10:37 AM
PIPE HITTER

Thats from a calculator, the overhead computer has read as high as 27 on a long trip, and stayed there. I have a TS thats is always on 100HP setting, and 4" Magnaflow, with the big fat NAPA filter. I am surprised at the MPG's I get as well. My wife just went to San Antonoio this past weekend and managed an overall of 20, that's of course the highway driving there and the little bit of driving around they did there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.