Trans upgrades - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2006, 01:01 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Trans upgrades

I have been thinking for a while about installing a good trans shift controller. I jsut recently sold my superchips tuner and managed to get in on the great deal Nate from Cowboy Diesel Perf. was offering. After I got rid of the superchip I noticed my tranny was running hotter than normal (right around 180 F) I assume this is from the lack of the tuner programming and to my knowledege the TS 6 position chip dosent have any tranny controls integrated into it. I just ordered a heavy duty trans cooler and hopefully will have it in a week or so. I just wanted to get an idea of what the next best/cheapest possible upgrade would be to compliment the new trans cooler Im bout to install. Any ideas/comment as alway are greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2006, 11:10 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to Diesel Nut
I would say the Suncoast upgrades for the Valvebody would be a great start. There are several easily installed upgrades that will change the way the transshifts, firmness, and holding power.

Here are some suggestions -

Tugger Kit
.500 Line Mod
The Cooler Bypass eliminator is HIGHLY Recomended.

These should all be easily installed by a novice mechanic with simple hand tools. No special tooling ( except a tq wrench). I think this would really help clean up your trans and help keep your temps down and performance up.

Also, never hurts to fill teh transmissioin with a good synthetic lube instead of the usual petrolium stuff. Proven to reduce temps!
Old 08-08-2006, 02:06 PM

Excellent man,
I appreciate your input. I do have one more inqury though, are these part for the E40D or 4R100 trans or does it matter?
Old 08-08-2006, 10:01 PM

Those are parts for the E4OD, but there are similar parts available for the 4R100. All those can be found on Suncoast's website www.suncoastconverters.com
Old 08-17-2006, 02:52 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Just curios why you sold the superchips tuner, I was thinking of buying one because it changed the tranny shift points.
Old 08-17-2006, 03:20 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

You could also get BD valve bodys and pressure locs through any one of the sponsoring dealers on this website.
Old 08-17-2006, 04:10 PM

I haven't sold my superchips. I am currently working with the upper level of Superchips Tech department to resolve our issues. So far things are looking good. I have yet tohave a problem with a superchips on a Powerstroke. So far all our issues have involved 2006 Cummins powered trucks. Nothing major, just annoying for the most part. So, I would still say that the Superchips Microtuner PN 1705 would be a great mod for your truck. That and a valve body and you would really have a nice combo. Never mind the extra 100 hp!

BD has some nice transmission mods, too. Only one i know of that sends out a Ford valvebody and not just parts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.