Aftermarket warranty companies? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2013, 05:48 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Aftermarket warranty companies?

Has anybody purchased an aftermarket warranty for their power stroke I'm thinking either AAA or ASC there's a bunch of companies out there but I didn't know if anybody had some suggestions or warnings I know the bumper-to-bumper phrase doesn't really mean bumper-to-bumper I'm just looking anything that will cover head gaskets in the EGR and all that sort of stuff

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2013, 05:58 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I have a Guardian on mine

get ready to keep meticulous records and all receipts in a file

get ready for being declined on stupid things like My degas bottle wasn't covered but a coolant recovery bottle is ?(same thing )

had my AC compressor fail . they didn't cover Freon evac recharge WTF

had the truck sit at Ford while they sent a third party to verify and they were a day late .

had to take them to the BBB numerous times to get them to do the right thing.

ohhh and their labor rate will only get you some chitty NAPA mechanic place or other cut rate dump so I am out of pocket to use Ford or A well known shops rate thats 40 bucks an hour ..

I usually skip the warranty on items like alternators /my FICM/ etc just not worth the hassle ,, and the 2500 bucks the warranty cost should have just been put aside for my own repairs

that is my experience and it mirrors others your companies may be better or worse ?? so check the labor rates and read the contract and deductibles
Old 01-23-2013, 06:20 AM

I have endurance but I haven't to make a claim yet..... Knock on wood. I had the Ford extended warranty. They sucked a$$ because my unison ring in my turbo was bad and it caused the egr valve to blow off. This is what I was told by the stealership anyway. They didn't want to cover it because they said that there was some corrosion on the ring. I had to fight and plead and threaten with legal action just to get them to cover half.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:39 AM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Take a look at Costco.....

You know they're customer service orientated, they'll stand behind you if you have dispute, price was pretty good too
Old 01-23-2013, 06:42 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

i have rt 66 paid 1900 and they just covered 5600 in motor repairs.. do not go to ford with a warranty they'll screw you. i know first hand and took my truck out of ford and brought it to a diesel specific shop.. its all in how the dealer words the warranty claim... the warranty company approved aftermarket parts to be put on to protect it down the rd.... this was on a used truck with no records

$1900 got me rt66 warranty 4 year 48k

Last edited by busaandy; 01-23-2013 at 02:52 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:29 AM

I have PVP (rated A by A.M best) but I just bought the truck yesterday, so I don't know how they are paying claims. I got "everything covered" for 3 yrs or 36k miles for $2495 on a 2001 F350 7.3 with 78k miles on it. Was told if it were over 80k same coverage would have been $5495. (but don't know if thats true or not)
Old 01-23-2013, 10:02 AM

Have had ford warranties with all my vehicles. Problem is, salesman don't explain them and when something isn't covered, the customer feels screwed and tells everyone they know that it was a set up and the dealer sucks. Was a service writer at a ford dealership and heard and saw it all. Know what you're buying and ask questions. Not the salesman, the service writers. It is almost 99% of the time, a customer doesn't know what they are buying and a dealership cannot tell you what is wrong until they can duplicate the problem and locate the issue. Once they locate the cause, they can check and see it the warranty covers it.

Case in point; my 02 350 front hubs felt like they we falling out. Everything in the front end was replaced. Axle shafts, hubs, ball joints, everything. $100 deduct. Problem? The solenoid for the vacuum hubs was bad. Not covered. Why? I don't know and neither did they. Additional $150 and done. $2,800 repair for $250? On a $1400 warranty? I'll take it.

Old 01-23-2013, 02:15 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

i have a few companies i am waiting on quotes from. mine is an 06 with 146k hopefully i don't get killed
Old 01-24-2013, 07:11 PM

Talking

I picked up a used 07 psd with 55k, got a Ford ESP 36k for around 2100. They offered a payment plan with zero percent financing.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:30 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

You think ford will give me one with my milage?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.