Good Mods - One's That Are HELPFULL - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2006, 03:54 AM
Gun Nut

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Rodslinger
Good Mods - One's That Are HELPFULL

Alright we all like the speed mods and the cool mods but what are some mods that ACTUALLY are GOOD for our rigs and will help prolong the life of them. Heck lets not JUST talk motors, make it anything - bed liners, undercoating, leather conditioning, etc.

I'm looking seriously at getting a water/meth setup as soon as I get the funds, because I want to be able to keep her running cool. I guess I figure that should HELP in the long run but then again maybe my logic is way off. What are y'alls opinions and what are other mods that can be done, that are actually good for 'em and will promote a long lasting PSD?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2006, 04:43 AM
Premium Member

a bedliner is a must. i like the drop ins vs. the sprayed for durability, however the spray ins look better.
here in fla., tinted windows help save the interior, even the light tints are better than nothing.
the cheapest and best mod is keep a maintainance logbook. its a good way to keep records on your rig and will help during resale. i log all work done in mine with the date and mileage.
brian
Old 08-03-2006, 05:28 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

two words: air bags.

You can thank me later.
Old 08-03-2006, 05:57 PM

Do mods that are useful in what you do with your trucks and they will suit your needs. All other mods are only extras for yourself. Make sure your truck will suit your individual needs and everyday uses.
Old 08-05-2006, 08:53 AM
Gun Nut

Hey Scott you've got the water/meth kit on yours right? How do you like it and would you look at it as something that is actually helpful? I'm really not looking for the hp's as much as the cooler EGT's.
Old 08-05-2006, 09:01 AM

Couple of mods spring to mind that I have done.

I added center console drink holders for the back seat using Excursion parts and added stock Excursion rear radio controls and power port - See pics in Gallery. I had to make most of the harness from the rear radio controls to the radio.

Hiding the integrated Apple I-Pod using P.I.E. Aux to the stock 6-CD player (which also works on the rear radio controls) and use an infrared remote on the shift lever. - I built a mounting bracket for just inside the lid of the center console so it's out of sight and won't be stolen - See pics in Gallery.
Old 08-05-2006, 10:26 AM
Gun Nut

VERY NICE - your rig is simply GEORGEOUS!
Old 08-05-2006, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodslinger
Hey Scott you've got the water/meth kit on yours right? How do you like it and would you look at it as something that is actually helpful? I'm really not looking for the hp's as much as the cooler EGT's.
Rod, I love my water/meth kit and it serves a great purpose in my truck. Pulling my trailers for lower EGT's and HP when needed. It's a mod worth all its money.
Old 08-05-2006, 08:21 PM
7.3 tech, supporter

I like the "big honkin baldwin filter" mod, flows better and filters better. FS2500 by-pass oil filter system (10,000 mi oil changes, oh yeah!!!). Guages, can't tell me there hasn't been more than one PSD saved cuz the driver foreseen the problem!
Old 08-05-2006, 09:10 PM
Premium Member

Send a message via ICQ to overl0rd Send a message via AIM to overl0rd
My exhaust brake has been very handy, it saves a lot of wear and tear on the brakes. If your truck is tall, step bars are a good investment. Switching the front seat from the stock bench to a stock bucket setup was VERY worthwhile, that old bench was murder on the back on long trips.

If you live in a snowy area, especially one that uses salt on the roads, undercoating and oil spray are a couple of musts to ensure the body and frame don't rust out. I see a lot of trucks here with broken shackles/brackets, tank straps broken, bodys falling off, frames rusted through, ETC. The salt is murder on metal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.