New to the site...advice and opinions wanted - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2013, 02:05 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New to the site...advice and opinions wanted

Hello and Happy New Years to all. I live in Jersey and lost 2 of my vehicles in Sandy. Im in the midst of squaring up w insurance company and have decided to purchase another truck as a daily driver. Had a 2000 7.3 4x4 w 3" lift on 20's n 33's has a daily driver. Lost that an a 99 Carrera and am looking between 2002-03 7.3's, 2005-07 6.0's, and even the 08 with the goal of being as close to or under $20k as possible. Love the look of the 08 but heard war stories, as well as with the earlier 6.0's. Im aware of some of the issues (egr, head bolts etc) on the 6.0's. Im looking for a nicely equipped crew cab Lariat and since i have a company vehicle mileage isnt THAT much of an issue because in a year or 2 it will catch up. I know my 7.3 was friendly on fuel even with intake, exhaust, and programmer. It will pull a 6000 lb boat periodically. I will be doing over flow reservoir cap on the 6.0 and have been told about egr replacement vs delete etc... any input would be helpful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2013, 02:17 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Welcome to the site and Im glad to hear you okay after Sandy. I gotta say Im glad we dont mess with those things here in Colorado. Biggest thing I would say is before you think about buying a 6.0 read up about monitoring the 6.0. Without it your buying blind. And #2 dont beleive all the stories of the 6.0. Dang good truck if you know what your looking for!
Old 01-05-2013, 11:02 PM

08 Ford

May be tough finding 08 for under 20k. A lot of folks trying to get them because of the easy mods.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:07 PM
Viking Heavy Diesel

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I have been a very happy with my 08. Had a couple of stupid things going wrong with it but they were little. Overall I am very glad that I got it. But like has been said good luck finding 1 for under 20,000, at least in any kind of good shape
Old 01-11-2013, 10:09 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

i purchased a 2008 F250 Lariat Crew 6.4 w 111k 1 owner, all service receipts from dealer and going to pickup next week. Completely stock w no mods BUT will be looking to do programmer, intake, exhaust or whatever bolt-ons seem to work the best.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:52 AM

Where at in NJ? I'm near six flags and on LBI. Ship Bottom FD lost an engine, our 1937 antique, a suburban, bunch of members personal vehicles, and our turnout gear (FF suit). Had three feet of water/crap in the station what a mess. There is a concert fund raiser tonight at Surf City FD "Sandy Blows". Good luck with the new truck and getting life back to "normal".
Old 01-12-2013, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdtwncam88 View Post
i purchased a 2008 F250 Lariat Crew 6.4 w 111k 1 owner, all service receipts from dealer and going to pickup next week. Completely stock w no mods BUT will be looking to do programmer, intake, exhaust or whatever bolt-ons seem to work the best.
Man that's great! It's like raising a child, if u do it a little at a time. Your very proud of it at times, it will be stupid at times, cost u thousands taking care of it, make u wonder if its worth all the trouble, think it might be time to trade it in, then ur sure it was a great ideas cause u realize its a reflection of u! And ur proud again! Who knew?
Old 01-12-2013, 07:42 AM

Nice on getting the 6.4. Delete that thing as soon as you can and you should be good to go

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.