Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Excessive down shifting

727 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  powerstrokekiller 
#1 ·
I have a 2006 F-350 6.0 w/ auto tranny, 3.73 rear end. This truck unlike the 2004 w/ same set-up will not pull any grade when pulling my 15,000 lb RV without down shifting. Have had it to two Ford dealers and they tell me that is the way it is. Have friend w/ same set-up that pulls cattle trailer at about 15,000 lbs loaded with no problem. Once in a while it will pull a decent grade without down shifting. Any ideas as to whats wrong would be appreciated.

#3 ·
Marc,

Thanks for the reply. Since I posted I have talked to my friend with the same truck as mine and he is going to let me use it to pull my RV. The owner of the Ford dealership where I bought the truck has agreed to go along with me on a test drive. This should prove to him these trucks shouldn't down shift on every hump in the road. Three weeks ago the second egr value was put in it and yesterday they fixed the AC. Did I mention the recall on the tires ? they put four new ones on. I Have put more miles on loaner cars than I have on the truck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.