New TDI for my truck to play with - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2012, 03:16 PM
Once you go black......

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to CanadianDiesel
New TDI for my truck to play with

Just wanted to share my recent purchase with you guys, I bought a 2002 Jetta TDI with 130k (kms) on it. Absolutely love this car! Easy on the wallet and an all-around solid car. I always said to myself, if I ever get into a smaller vehicle it'd have to be a Turbo Diesel

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2012, 03:34 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Good job on getting a great car. If you don't know about tdiclub yet just do a search and you will find a lot of information
Old 12-19-2012, 03:42 PM

Nice looking TDI man. You keeping the truck?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 12-19-2012, 06:05 PM
Once you go black......

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentstdi View Post
Good job on getting a great car. If you don't know about tdiclub yet just do a search and you will find a lot of information
Yessir, joined soon after I bought. Haven't been on much lately, but planning to get a few issues fixed. thx for the tip

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.0f250firstcar View Post
Nice looking TDI man. You keeping the truck?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
Thanks bud, Yeah I'll be keeping it. Basically only costs me insurance. Keeps it off the salty roads too...
Old 12-27-2012, 05:41 AM

We had three TDI's (the originals) all with the manual tranny-on blended fuel it was 57 mpg-US-on the good stuff 62mpg was very possible-the first one I put on just under 100k miles in about 11 months with only scheduled maint-an amazing engine, it it wasn't for nearly 0", excuse me cm!!, ground clearance-a major bummer in the winter with road snow/ice chunks-it would be the best car on the planet.
As a heads up, if you hand calculate your consumption remember to depress the little vent protrusion during the fueling process, it can be seen on the left of the fill neck a few inches in.
Old 12-27-2012, 05:57 AM

I want to do the same thing.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:16 AM
Once you go black......

Quote:
Originally Posted by E450psd View Post
We had three TDI's (the originals) all with the manual tranny-on blended fuel it was 57 mpg-US-on the good stuff 62mpg was very possible-the first one I put on just under 100k miles in about 11 months with only scheduled maint-an amazing engine, it it wasn't for nearly 0", excuse me cm!!, ground clearance-a major bummer in the winter with road snow/ice chunks-it would be the best car on the planet.
As a heads up, if you hand calculate your consumption remember to depress the little vent protrusion during the fueling process, it can be seen on the left of the fill neck a few inches in.
Great tip about fuelling, thanks. Were yours the same bodystyle as mine? I am only getting high 30's out of my '02 right now. Brother-in-law gets 55-60 on a regular basis.
I'll have to disagree about the snow part though! We had a foot of snow overnight, and I'm blasting thru it with the winter tires with no problem, I'm quite surprised actually

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7.3Lariat View Post
I want to do the same thing.
I should have done it years ago. The savings are astronomical!
Old 12-27-2012, 11:50 AM

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for the car? Is it a stick?
Old 12-27-2012, 02:02 PM
Once you go black......

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.0f250firstcar View Post
If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for the car? Is it a stick?
Yup, stick. Paid 6500 for it. Super clean car, worth it IMO

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Old 12-27-2012, 05:04 PM

CandianDiesel, yes the same body style/series-one sedan and two wagons. Getting through the snow was not an issue, 4 Hakka Q's but the hard snow and ice chunks in the road were a nighmare-as were raised structures and steep entries/exits. Exercise caution, I think the car is alot lower than nearly everyone realizes, try to take it through an auto wash, the ones that move the vehicle through automatically-ours would not make it over the rail in any of them.

Something else that was very cool, literally-I commuted 90 miles each way to a job, in extreme cold-single digits-F- and below, I could exit the highway stop at the first light, at the exit, and watch the temp rapidly drop from normal to cold.... warm ups during this weather would take at least 5 miles!

Really, really sorry that I sold the '04 wagon, for that matter really sorry I sold the first sedan, the 1.9l is a work of art in every way.

By the way ours always started in the cold, or what is cold for us here in New England, sub zero was never an issue BUT do yourself a favor and get an oil pan heater, the expensive ones with a thermostat, can't remember the name but they are made for aircraft applications, about $200 usd or so. As I said it always started but the pan heater made the cold start clatter completly go away. EZ Start, maybe was the name.

Make that ezheat

http://www.e-zheat.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.