Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

7.3L, worth getting 99-03 or ok with 95-99?

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Abitibi 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm still looking to get my 1st Ford diesel and it has to be the famous 7.3 engine.
I'm shopping for a E350 to be converted to run on veggie.

I saw a very nice '95 E350 for sale but I wonder if I should go for the newer engine style. I read about some of the changes (injectors...) but I'd like to hear from people who drive them and can give me an honest opinion if its worth or not to get the newer version?

Thanks!
Mr. D

#2 ·
No one?

Basically I'm trying to figure if the changes on the newer 7.3 justify waiting to find one over the older (pre-99) version.

I read all the post with 7.3 in the titles but I can only get so much from reading, nothing like first hand info...

Thanks
Mr. D

#3 ·
I could be wrong but I don't think you'll see as many upgrades on the vans as trucks. Don't think they have intercoolers, so the main difference you'll see is the larger split shot injectors instead of single shots, possibly more power, but less fuel mileage. Most aftermarket injectors are single **** and if you only went up one size the factor programming could run them on the older models, newer models require a chip or programming.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.