I want a change! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2012, 09:22 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I want a change!

Hey guys! I'm new to the forums and new to trucks! I need your help! Currently I own a 2004 Dark Shadow Gray Mustang GT. This is my first car ever I got the car when I was 15 (18 now). I love this car with a passion and never thought I would have so much thought about switching to a truck. A 2004 cobra is my dream car<3 Anyways I'm really looking to switch things up a bit and try out a truck. The mustang is hella fun but I really want a lifted truck! I have no clue about trucks and this is were I need your help. I've been looking at the F250's. I just need to know whats a good deal or price on a F250. Considering miles and year. Would it be best to go with a dealer or private owner? I just need some help! (Heres some pictures of the Mustang if your interested)
Attached Thumbnails
I want a change!-screen-shot-2012-11-24-11.20.02-pm.jpg   I want a change!-screen-shot-2012-11-24-11.20.34-pm.jpg   I want a change!-screen-shot-2012-11-24-11.21.11-pm.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2012, 10:01 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiftKit View Post
Hey guys! I'm new to the forums and new to trucks! I need your help! Currently I own a 2004 Dark Shadow Gray Mustang GT. This is my first car ever I got the car when I was 15 (18 now). I love this car with a passion and never thought I would have so much thought about switching to a truck. A 2004 cobra is my dream car<3 Anyways I'm really looking to switch things up a bit and try out a truck. The mustang is hella fun but I really want a lifted truck! I have no clue about trucks and this is were I need your help. I've been looking at the F250's. I just need to know whats a good deal or price on a F250. Considering miles and year. Would it be best to go with a dealer or private owner? I just need some help! (Heres some pictures of the Mustang if your interested)
What's your budget? And cab and bed size preferred? So many variables in these trucks for instance an 03 f250 with 100k miles could be anywhere from $6k to $20k. (biggest variable is the motor in 03)
Old 11-24-2012, 11:17 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG Laing View Post
What's your budget? And cab and bed size preferred? So many variables in these trucks for instance an 03 f250 with 100k miles could be anywhere from $6k to $20k. (biggest variable is the motor in 03)
Budget is around $13,000. I'm looking for something like this. Maybe not as clean as that but something thats going to get attention. Just need as much help possible.
Attached Thumbnails
I want a change!-screen-shot-2012-11-20-12.00.08-am.jpg  
Old 11-25-2012, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Budget is around $13,000. I'm looking for something like this. Maybe not as clean as that but something thats going to get attention. Just need as much help possible.
That's a 08-10 6.4 probably worth $35k. And a 7" or more lift With wheels and tires. He probably has $13k added to his truck.

Without a $20k budget at minimum, IMO won't be able to turn heads.
Old 11-25-2012, 01:10 AM

Correction, probably around $20k added to that truck. Custom traction bars, AL arms, ect...
Old 11-25-2012, 03:18 AM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Your joking right?? You better rethink your game plan here. I have yet to come across a nice 08-10 F250 that was in decent shape with relatively low miles for under $27,000. Are you planning on selling the mustang to fund the truck or are you planning on keeping both? I gave $23,390 for mine before TTT. Mine is an 05 F250 with all kinds of goodies in it. Also if your considering a deal truck you might want to look into getting a 6.0 and getting it as a fixer-uper where you can wrench on it yourself and save money and end up with the truck you want in the end for far less than you paying for a truck someone else built.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscany View Post
Your joking right?? You better rethink your game plan here. I have yet to come across a nice 08-10 F250 that was in decent shape with relatively low miles for under $27,000. Are you planning on selling the mustang to fund the truck or are you planning on keeping both? I gave $23,390 for mine before TTT. Mine is an 05 F250 with all kinds of goodies in it. Also if your considering a deal truck you might want to look into getting a 6.0 and getting it as a fixer-uper where you can wrench on it yourself and save money and end up with the truck you want in the end for far less than you paying for a truck someone else built.

He is completely new to the diesel game. I don't think he knows a 7.3 to a 6.0 to a 6.4.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:58 AM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Yeah your probably right.
Old 11-25-2012, 05:32 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscany View Post
I'm not saying by any means I'm going to find an 08 F250 for cheaper with low miles that already has mods. Like I said I'm new to the whole truck thing. Just need a little help. For example I found an 05 F250 6.0. 114k miles on it. Is this a good deal? I let you check out the rest of the AD. 2005 Ford F250, Used Cars For Sale - Carsforsale.com
Old 11-25-2012, 06:25 PM

Quote:
I'm not saying by any means I'm going to find an 08 F250 for cheaper with low miles that already has mods. Like I said I'm new to the whole truck thing. Just need a little help. For example I found an 05 F250 6.0. 114k miles on it. Is this a good deal? I let you check out the rest of the AD. 2005 Ford F250, Used Cars For Sale - Carsforsale.com
If that truck was bulletproofed and taken car of, it would be worth it. I would Try and find someone that really knows there stuff on a 6.0. They can be really good trucks and they can be really crappy trucks too. I think you should find a 02 or 03 7.3 low miles still IMO.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.