Anyone Know About Home Security Cameras? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2005, 01:45 PM
Gun Nut

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Rodslinger
Anyone Know About Home Security Cameras?

Does anyone know anything about security camera's? Yesterday we had a pretty scary situation at the house. Someone ( whom I personally hope to have a chance to remove from the gene pool with some reloads I'd like to try out ) tried to break into my house at 3:30 in the afternoon, while my oldest daughter was home by herself. My wife and my youngest daughter had gone to the store, my oldest stayed to do homework and I was driving home from work. It appears he picked up a pair of pruning sheers we had on the front porch to use as a weapon. He knocked on the front door - my daughter being upstairs in her room goes to the other side of the house, sees no car and goes back to her room. This guy then goes to the back, knocks on the door.....after no answer (my kids have been taught to never open the door to someone we don't personally know) he proceeds to go over to my shed and start going through it. Lord forbid he steel my damn lawn mower and weed eater and get a damn job......oh no he wouldn't want that, so he proceeds to try to bash down my back door. Anyway a lot went on at this point but long story short, my home phone ringing scared him away, the door is totaled and I've already purchased a new reinforced one.
We religiously use our alarm system but it's just not enough anymore. The police are ABSOLUTELY no help in this city and I told the officer they will not like the way I handle things from this point out. I'll stop my rant and get to the point.
This weekend my house is going through some serious home security changes. I live in a nice neighborhood but heck now days it doesn't seem to matter. That being said I want an outdoor security system. I want basically all the features of this one -

http://www.x10.com/cameras/vt38a_s_3ck_ps122.html

but I'm questioning how well it will work, because it's awfully inexpensive. If anyone has a system or knows anything about them, I'd sure appreciate the help.
Again - sorry for my rant, I'm just a protective father who's in shock at how bad this COULD have gone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2005, 01:59 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to powerstrokekiller
Getchya some good ol' fashioned land mines and go to work. That's the only type of security system I know about other than your reloading techinque. I hope you can catch the creep who did it. Hopefully he will be behind those iron bars with 3 hots and a cot.
Old 10-30-2005, 04:21 AM
Gun Nut

Yeah I was thinking more along the lines of claymores but I think my housing commission would frown on it.
Old 10-30-2005, 06:00 AM

How would they ever serve you papers to leave? I think you might also stop getting mail when the first couple of critters creep through the landmines
Old 10-30-2005, 06:52 AM

If that system you are looking at works like it states you should be good. You might want to get a couple of extra cameras since 3 probably won't cover the whole house.
Old 10-30-2005, 09:10 AM
Gun Nut

Thanks Scotty - I was thinking the same thing. I'm still shopping around to see what's out there. My father-in-law and I spent nearly all day yesterday replacing the back door and frame. I've also implemented a bunch of other security measures. It just sucks to have to go through this because of some mental midget who needs to be removed from the face of the earth.
Old 10-30-2005, 02:57 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Exclamation

Rodslinger, I am sooooo sorry that you and your family went through something like that!! I am glad that your daughter is safe and sound!! Do you believe in handguns?? If so, does your wife know how to handle a handgun or shotgun??? I hope you find a great security system with cameras. That is awful what you went through. Does your daughter express any interest in learning how to shoot?
Old 10-30-2005, 06:12 PM

Man's best friend works for me. I have a Boxer who is an excellent watch dog. He probably wouldn't make a very good killer but he's great at scaring strangers.
Old 10-30-2005, 06:56 PM

hey scotty I've got two rottys that do both Never locked a door in my life. But then again I live in the country and you can't see my house from the road. But then again everybody knows that if the dogs don't get em mr winchester or mr mossburg will

Last edited by powerstrokekiller; 10-30-2005 at 06:59 PM.
Old 10-31-2005, 08:42 AM
Gun Nut

Thanks everyone. Actually SPV my whole family is big into guns and shooting sports. My wife and both my daughters are great shots and love to shoot. My wife and I both have our concealed handgun license and carry religiously too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.