Things that make you want to sell your truck. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2012, 07:01 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Things that make you want to sell your truck.

I drove my truck for several years with the "usual" basic mods: intake, exhaust, dp tuner, boost fooler and gauges. It ran great, and was very reliable. I really had no complaints, except for the fact that I wanted more power. So I decided to start building it up to eventually make it to the 500 hp club. I bought a used (only 500 miles on it) performance hpop and put it on the truck along with some new tuning from a different tuner. Well right out of the gate the truck ran horrible. I replaced the IPR and ICP, and things got better, but then the brand new IPR crapped out again. So I put a new Motorcraft IPR in it, and once again the truck did fine for a while but then went back to not wanting to start. It would start, run for a few seconds, then shut off. This would happen two or three times then it would finally start and keep running. So I finally got ahold of the manufacturer of the hpop and arranged to send it back, because it was obviously having problems. That was over two weeks ago, the manufacturer rarely answers my phone calls and then promises that things are happening (even though they are not) when he does. The bottom line is I still don't have a pump even though it supposedly shipped out last week. I am so frustrated I bought a new pump from a different manufacturer to put on the truck so I can at least get it back running. In addition to this, I had to send my new chip back to have it re-tuned because it had at least one incorrect tune on it. The customer service was horrible, and the company didn't get back to me until I posted my trouble on the forums. I got the chip back, the incorrect tune was still not fixed, and the truck shifts into third gear in 3 tunes so violently it rattles the dash. I have not posted any company's names on here because that is not the intent of this thread, I just needed to vent, I'm about ready to strip the truck down to stock or sell it. Does anyone else take two steps forward and 20 back or is it just me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2012, 07:14 PM
Premium Member

Feel the same way! And it all started when i started wrenching when i bought my first car(69 Chevelle malibu) from a friend of mine and got taken???? I think the worst is when you plan on something, buy it, install it, and something better comes along.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:23 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Need some cheese with that whine?? I bet Brian Jelich, Scott Morris, and Martin Luther King Jr had to overcome adversity.

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 10-30-2012, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncstroker View Post
Need some cheese with that whine?? I bet Brian Jelich, Scott Morris, and Martin Luther King Jr had to overcome adversity.

Why don't you go blow a head gasket or something lol.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:26 PM

Hahahaha

Old 10-30-2012, 07:26 PM

Got some starting fluid if you need some!

Old 10-30-2012, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BADTON View Post
Feel the same way! And it all started when i started wrenching when i bought my first car(69 Chevelle malibu) from a friend of mine and got taken???? I think the worst is when you plan on something, buy it, install it, and something better comes along.
That's for sure, it seems like it is impossible to keep up with the latest and greatest.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:54 PM

well the only thing i have on my trucks is a lift, a chip and thats all so i never have problems, which in term never gives me the thought of selling them
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.