New Member, Need Some 6spd Help - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2012, 07:45 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New Member, Need Some 6spd Help

Hi Guys;

Im new to the powerstroke world. Been searching and landing here alot through google, so I figured id sign up.

First off my question;
I have seen many people mention they can get a new clutch pedal assembly from Ford Directly. I contacted 1 dealer, but they "dont show a listing". Can you give me a part number so I can tell them what to order? I have a leaky master cylinder, so im replacing the whole assembly. The truck had a high pedal from day1 when I bought it in August, and I made a couple of bandaid solutions but now the hydraulics have let go. The shop wouldnt install the new hydraulics without the pedal because the pin has totally worn away. I would attempt to repair it, but the pedal has been repaired too many times before. I think there is a small linkage/bracket that is supposed to come off of the pedal. Mine is missing, and the pin is directly on the pedal. It also looks like the pedal was cut into 2 at some point and welded back together, so who knows where the geometry is at this point. To avoid nagging failures due to incorrect geometry, I would like to replace the pedal, but I cant source a used one.

Secondly, I looked for about 8 months before I found this truck in good shape. Bought primarily because its much better on fuel than my F150 5.4. I can use it for daily commuting (44kms one way, or 28miles) and not feel gouged at the pump. I can also use it to haul toys around effortlessly. The 5.4 is no slouch when it comes to hauling a 3500lb car on a trailer up a fairly steep hill, but the diesel is just something else.

So anyway, if you can help me with the pedal part number, it would be appreciated.

Last edited by online170; 10-25-2012 at 07:53 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2012, 07:57 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Old 10-25-2012, 10:32 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thank you for the welcome.

I called a different dealer. He asked for the last 8 digits of my VIN, put me on hold for a whopping 20 seconds, and said it'll be here tomorrow.

$170 canadian. The web says they are about $150 (most threads titled 2008 or older) so thats not bad.

When I get a part number, ill post it here incase anyone else searches this in the future.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:12 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Clutch Pedal

So im not sure what was wrong with the old pedal, but the new one feels about 1million times better.

Im going to keep the old pedal and just fix it as it wasnt as bad as I thought it was.

Any way, see attached images incase anyone is looking for this part in the future.
Attached Thumbnails
New Member, Need Some 6spd Help-img_3045.jpg   New Member, Need Some 6spd Help-img_3048.jpg  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.