Done w/ DPF - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2012, 06:17 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Done w/ DPF

Say I was to run an midpipe deleting the DPF......is there a way I can manually go in and disconnect the DPF until I get a tuner? I know it would throw a CEL but I don't care. As long as it won't regen. Put 2 K on an oil change and it already past the full mark.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2012, 08:55 AM
Fueling M.A.D. Everywhere

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Nope. Not that I know of. Gotta have a tuner for the DPF or EGR stuff.
Old 10-27-2012, 11:35 AM

Nope. Must have a tuner that supports DPF removal, otherwise the truck will shortly go into limp mode after you start it.

Sent from my LTEVO using AutoGuide app.
Old 10-27-2012, 05:34 PM

K thanks for your help
Old 10-27-2012, 06:32 PM

If you had a Dodge, yes, you could delete it.

The Ford won't even start
Old 10-31-2012, 01:42 PM

if its dumping that much fuel into the engine you have something else going on. deleting the dpf won't fix that. ignoring the real problem will probably result in major carnage, and denied warranty because of mods.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:36 AM

i dont understand the DPF delete stuff. there have been several companies out there make awesome performance numbers with factory DPF and exhaust. these trucks are engineered to perform with the DPF. to each their own i suppose.

Diesel Power July 2012 issue - "deleting this and removing that is a shortcut to nowhere. we can make this Powerstroke run better, improve its fuel economy, and still get it to burn clean"

the article is titled "How the Emission Laws we curse every day make diesel Better".
Page 24.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:58 AM
Fueling M.A.D. Everywhere

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Int.Tech04 View Post
i dont understand the DPF delete stuff. there have been several companies out there make awesome performance numbers with factory DPF and exhaust. these trucks are engineered to perform with the DPF. to each their own i suppose.

Diesel Power July 2012 issue - "deleting this and removing that is a shortcut to nowhere. we can make this Powerstroke run better, improve its fuel economy, and still get it to burn clean"

the article is titled "How the Emission Laws we curse every day make diesel Better".
Page 24.
What's your definition of "awesome performance numbers"?

The emissions stuff was very much an add on. The engines run much better without them. My truck runs great and nearly smoke free (always smoke free unless I punch it. And then I just get a puff that clears up when the turbos light...) I burn clean every day without the emissions...

Not saying that a truck with original equipment can't be made better, but I think it's best for the motor without the DPF... You can't honestly tell me that the heat and the added unburnt fuel during Regen is healthy...

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App
Old 11-08-2012, 01:05 PM

I know turbos and the less back pressure the fast the spool. Not to mention I just did an oil change....didn't even wait to get to 5K and I drained almost 5 gal. from the truck. 15 quarts is about 4 1/2 gal. can u guess where the other 1/2 gal. came from? Diesel from all the stupid regen's from driving around town so much. I hit 9 regens in 2,800 miles. NOT COOL!
Old 11-08-2012, 05:39 PM

a properly functioning new Diesel will run great when properly tuned with the DPF attached. i work on Internationals (Maxxforce and DT line), i deal with DPF's every day. the temps are brief, the ECU injects extra fuel into the DPF, not the engine, to burn off what particulate has been caught (when the ECU detects too much backpressure), and its done. yes the temps are high, but they are in the DPF, which is designed to handle it. even Cummins is using DPF's now. the only issues are when the DPF wont regen because of a damaged DPF or a damaged injector. if your truck has DPF issues, i hope its still under warranty.

i want to mention that i am not trying to start a fight, im just voicing my experience. if you delete, thats fine, thats your choice. my truck had a cat only when i bought it, and i cut it out. i just wanted to point out that these engines are designed to run with the DPF intact (since the 6.4 is a Maxxforce 7), and by EPA and government regulations, we are in deep you know what if we remove these. we are talking thousands and thousands of fines for the truck shop, the tech that did it, the driver of the truck, and the owner of the truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorchrock View Post
I know turbos and the less back pressure the fast the spool. Not to mention I just did an oil change....didn't even wait to get to 5K and I drained almost 5 gal. from the truck. 15 quarts is about 4 1/2 gal. can u guess where the other 1/2 gal. came from? Diesel from all the stupid regen's from driving around town so much. I hit 9 regens in 2,800 miles. NOT COOL!
if you are having to regen that often, you have a problem. i would have it checked ASAP. it either is not regening properly (injector at DPF issue, backpressure sensor issue, etc), or your DPF is damaged. now, if your truck is out of warranty, by all means, tear that sucker our and recycle it (its worth a lot of money). you DO NOT want to pay for one of these out of pocket. trust me.

Last edited by Int.Tech04; 11-08-2012 at 06:01 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.