Quality of banks parts? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2012, 07:15 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quality of banks parts?

So i do know quite a bit about banks and what they are about. Some guys cant stand banks and sone like banks, i fall into the category of not really giving a chit. However when it comes the to quality of the products they make i dont know much about banks. I have a chance to buy some banks parts that are almost new and i can get them for almost nothing. However if the quality of the parts is not good then i need to put my money elsewhere. I have a chance at an intercooler with 700 miles on it and an intake elbow that is less than a year old. All of this i can buy for $200. But like i say, if it is poor quality parts i will save my money. Thanks for the advice guys! Please dont derail this with banks blows this and sucks that. If the parts are of decent build quality or they suck *** are the things im interested in! Thanks again!

What would I be doing right now if I didn't have an iPhone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2012, 10:15 AM

Bump

Old 10-22-2012, 10:22 AM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I would jump on that. The elbow is more than that alone

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide
Old 10-22-2012, 02:22 PM

That's kind of what I figured, I just don't want to buy poor quality parts, any insight on the intercooler? That's the main thing I want, but if its no better than what stock is ill just save the money, $$ is tight right now. Not looking for huge gains or anything just like to have quality stuff that don't break.
Old 10-22-2012, 02:29 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I think I read they are pretty nice. I'm pretty sure they drop egts by like 75-125 degrees

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide
Old 10-22-2012, 02:51 PM

Is the intercooler coming with the intercooler pipes? That's a great deal considering the intake elbow alone is more than that. I have the banks intercooler system along with intake elbow and for the price you definitely get great quality. Far from cheap stuff IMO opinion. Unfortunately I paid retail so the price was steep.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:54 PM
Premium Member

I too have banks stuff on my 7.3l 01 and heard all the same things you hear. Also tried to stack a 6gun on my pwrpak chip and did nothing!!! Talked to banks at sema in vegas and the salesperson wasn't that tech savy so I took it off and sold it. But still have the cooler and pipes and IMO they are quality and I would jump on them.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:29 PM

I bought it. Got cooler and pipes and a brand new boot and clamp kit, the intake elbow and guy also had a snow water meth kit im gonna get tomorrow. Dude wrecked his truck and is selling what he can to get a down payment. He was asking 500 for everything but i help his father out taking care of his animals so thats why i got it so cheap. Im hetting the water meth kit for 250 so i think i made out like a bandit!

Old 10-22-2012, 11:33 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Throw the pipes in the garbage. The larger diameter actually hurts performance on these trucks as they don't let the turbo build the velocity needed in the system to achieve Gaines claimed. Kind of like the steed speed manifolds are doing. The intake elbow I have heard mixed reviews on but the CAC is a good upgrade but unnecessary with a stock charger. Either way sounds like you made out well in the deal as the banks technicooler CAC is over a grand new. Migh be worthwhile getting it pressure tested before throwing it in the truck seeing as how the original truck was wrecked.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:48 AM

The cooler is almost new, the truck was rear ended by a tractor trailer, looking at this thing though im wondering if it will cause extra boost lag, seems like there is more cooler to fill with boost pressure. And thanks for the heads up on the pipes!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.