Smoke is Stupid - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2012, 05:00 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Smoke is Stupid

I have been driving a diesel F-250 for a long time now and love it. Diesel power is clearly superior to gas. I lave being able to drag my boat up a steep hill without slowing down. I could go on...

But, every time I see someone with a big could of smoke behind their truck I can't help but think, "What a putz! He must be compensating." I am not a big fan of the EPA nor California's emissions laws, but every time some gasser has to drive through your nasty smoke cloud at a stop light, they're going to judge all diesel vehicles by you and validate falsely in their mind that diesel powered vehicles are dirty, big trucks are going to cook my grandkids, etc.

I don't even have a beef with reprogramming your chip and customizing you fuel/air mix or any number of mods for more power. But if you're not at a tractor pull, and you're just driving around town, you clearly don't need to be spewing all that smoke and making us all look bad. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2012, 05:07 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I agree with evrything stated there. Its just a few that give the rest of us a bad reputation. I believe there is a time and place for smoke. When your on a back road with no one or other cars around and you want to blow a little smoke, go right ahead. But if your doing it at every stoplight and to every car when you feel like it then that's not cool.
Old 10-20-2012, 06:07 PM
Fueling M.A.D. Everywhere

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Totally agree. The coal rollers have pretty much acquired the "diesel ricer" label. Every mod I do is aimed at making smoke free power. I run the spartan 300 in my 6.4 and even at full throttle I barely have a haze from my exhaust. Only time I have smoke is if I can't roll into my throttle to let my turbos spool but once my turbos lite the smoke clears up anyhow.

Sent from a phone smarter than me.
Old 10-20-2012, 09:40 PM

I'm sure everyone will agree with that statement. I don't roal coal in town but when I'm ripping around on grids off-road thats a different story.
Old 10-20-2012, 09:44 PM

only time you see the smallest pinch of smoke outa either of my trucks, its when towing up hill going to the desert.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.