Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Broke my own rule!

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  03SilverEx6.0 
#1 ·
So I just purchased a used Excursion and when test driving a vehicle for the first time, I have alist of items to always check. I'm sure I'm not alone. First thing start and turn off a few times, mess with windows, radio, interior lights, etc.... I always run the vehicle througd an automatic car was and check for leaks. I bought the vehicle from out of state, and wasn't familiar with the area, didn't see a car wash, didn't look hard, didn't ask. Long story short get home next day, and wake up to a down poor. Wife gets in the Ex, calls me to say she's getting rained on. Take a look at the windshield and see that the seal is messed up. Call a glass place, they can only get a windshield and seal, $233.11. They come to install, stoos because he finds rust. Take to body shop, fist estimate $1000. Second $650. Dealer is willing to help, not as much as I would like, but more than expected! Moral of the story, never break your own rules:doh::doh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.