New to PS.org - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2012, 08:03 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New to PS.org

just wanted to make this my first post, and a little introduction about myself.

my name is Tyler, and i currently reside in Tennessee. Im a Diesel Tech at Landmark international here in Knoxville. after graduating Nashville Auto Diesel in october of 2008, i started my career working on European cars at a little private shop, and i finally got my opportunity to get into the diesel field like i always wanted. im no pro, but im learning.

Ive always had a passion for the Ford Powerstroke, and diesel engines in general. it all started with my uncles 96 PSD crew cab 4x4. my family on my moms side has always had fords. ive finally bought my dream truck, a 2004 F250 FX4 crew cab 6.0. ive been ragged pretty hard at work about buying a 6.0, but you know, its my money, and my truck. ever since my late grandfather purchased his 2003 lariat F350 CC 6.0 (that we use for hauling cattle, tractors, equipment, etc, with no issues besides a door switch going bad), ive been in love with a particular color, and it does hold some sentimental value.

so this is my Arizona Beige F250

its currently running a Rough country 4inch lift, a Bullet Proof Diesel oil cooler relocation kit, and the muffler has been removed. all of this was done before i purchased the truck. all i did was replace the 235/45/16 tires with a set of 315/75/16 Falken Wildpeak A/T's. the truck runs like a dream, shifts perfect, and fires up with barely turning the key. im ordering my EGR delete this week, and should have that installed soon. my biggest thing is programming. i have no desire to blow smoke and burn tires, but i need to atleast adjust tranny settings (for the tires) and monitor everything, such as EOT, EGT's, and ECT. im torn between the Edge Juice with Attitude CS and the Superchips Vivid Paq. the only thing i believe the Vivid lacks is expandability for EGT monitoring.

sorry for the long post! figured i better give some good info though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2012, 07:12 AM

Welcome aboard, Tyler! Sounds like you have the right attitude for enjoying 6.0 ownership! Please post progress/issues, comments. Thanks!
Old 10-14-2012, 04:10 PM
Mitch

Welcome aboard! Sounds like everything is almost done that needs to be done with the 6.0! Make sure you get some kind of gages. A lot of 6.0 owners will get the Edge Insight CTS/CS or the Scanguage II. As far as tunes though, I'm guessing some people might not like the Edge or the Vivid. The general opinion over on the 6.0 forums is to get a SCT tuner with custom written files for your truck. There are numerous venders for custom tunes out there and each one has its pros and cons.

I do own a 7.3 but I have read a lot on the 6.0 as someday I may get one. Head over to the 6.0 discussion. There are a bunch of threads and stickies that have tons of good information.

Oh- nice intro and welcome the ORG!
Old 10-14-2012, 04:17 PM

Welcome.

Buy my insight cts ...I'm selling the device, dash pod and expandable egt probe with the starter kit

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 10-15-2012, 06:50 AM

thanks for the comments guys! i started pulling the truck apart saturday around 1pm, only to realize when i got the EGR cooler out.....it was a BPD blocked off cooler. i was not happy, but its back together now. just need to tighten the upper bolts on the new up pipe some more. i have an exhaust leak when the VGT adjusts and causes back pressure, so gotta get that done.

my SCT Livewire TS 5015 should be here tuesday.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Int.Tech04 View Post
thanks for the comments guys! i started pulling the truck apart saturday around 1pm, only to realize when i got the EGR cooler out.....it was a BPD blocked off cooler. i was not happy, but its back together now. just need to tighten the upper bolts on the new up pipe some more. i have an exhaust leak when the VGT adjusts and causes back pressure, so gotta get that done.

my SCT Livewire TS 5015 should be here tuesday.
Good choice. As soon as my edge sells I am too

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 10-16-2012, 06:11 PM
COME ON...ONE TIME!!

Welcome to the site! And the addiction.....
Old 10-22-2012, 10:17 AM

oh its certainly an addiction. found out it was the Vband at the turbo exhaust inlet leaking. couple smacks with a pry bar and hammer and it lined up. the new Up pipe with no flex in it made it a little rough, but tightened the clamp and no leak.

my Livewire showed up and came with a 65hp tow, a street tune and a performance tune. decided to go easy and safe so i put the 65hp tow on it. this thing MOVES. no black smoke that ive seen, even straight piped. that just means i can surprise people.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.