Newbie, 1st truck possible Powerstroke, worth it? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2012, 07:48 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Newbie, 1st truck possible Powerstroke, worth it?

Hello, currently I am in a dilemma. I am receiving my license soon and I am browsing trucks. I might have a opputinity to pick up a 95 7.3 Powerstroke. But one friend who owns a 99 type Powerstroke says not to get it since I won't be able to afford the maintenance of the truck. But he has all the lights, flatbed, speakers and all that. The Powerstroke (is it okay to call it a stroker?) I want comes with a flatbed I want to swap out for an actual truck box amd get it fixed. Everything that's wrong with it is ignition, steering column housing, alternator, and brakes. Im not worried about that stuff, I'm just worried about it totally drying my wallet out for good. I understand a time or two, but I have hobbies. My other friend has a 7.3 Powerstroke but it's a earlier 90's version and he doesn't have anything special in it and he never complains his truck is too expensive. I'm thinking that friend with the 99 upgrades his and my friend with the early 90's uses it as a daily driver like I want to do. If some experienced Powerstroke users could help me it would be greatly appeciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2012, 04:01 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

well its your choice

a 7.3 is a very reliable motor and requires little to no maintenance, only when u start throwing all these upgrades is when things go wrong

anyone on here will tell you that
Old 09-30-2012, 03:20 PM

I have a friend who has three of the 7.3's and he loves them. Runs on on the farm, one he races in mud boggs, and the other is his daily driver. He runs his driver on WVO and it runs good. The 7.3 is the best motor ever put in this truck, but I am biased a bit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.