PSA: Buyer Beware, Do not do business with FTPdiesel..... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2012, 06:40 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
PSA: Buyer Beware, Do not do business with FTPdiesel.....

unless you like being lied to and treated poorly.

I ordered a Diamond Eye 4" turbo back no muffler from them exactly two weeks ago. Had I known what kind of fiasco it would turn into, I would have never done it.

In browsing the interwebs, I found their site. The exhaust was 229.00 shipped. But then they had a FB promo to get 25 off. So it came to 204.99 total, shipped and everything. Great price, which is why I ordered from them.

Well turns out they didn't have the exhaust... It took 5 days to get ahold of them. I was concerned because the order status showed "awaiting fullfillment" Prior to getting ahold of them at the 5 day mark, I had sent one email and left one VM with no response. Their "sales" department stated that the exhaust was being drop shipped from the manufacturer directly to me and that it would probably arrive the next day, a wednesday. After my prodding, the sales guy said he would call the manufacturer and make sure where it was at in the process and let me know. He asked for my email address. So I thought "Ok, great. I guess their order status system just hasn't been updated"

Three days pass, no exhaust and no communication from FTP. So on Friday, I call multiple times and finally get through. (Anytime I called FTP, 90% of the time I had to leave a message) I asked the sales guy Kyle where my exhaust is at. I am told that the exhaust got shipped to them instead of me and that it was all beat up and damaged and he couldn't sell it to me. Kyle then offered to "upgrade" me to a MBRP for $40 some odd dollars. He stated he had it in stock and it would go out today. He also told me that the MBRP is a better kit and every Diamond Eye he has ever installed gave him installation issues. I explained to Kyle that I would like to stay with the kit I ordered originally. He stated that was fine but that it would be at least another two weeks to get it!! When asked why, he stated the manufacturer would have to make the kit because they don't have one in stock.
He repeatedly recommended I just switch to the MBRP kit. Oh that and they were very quick to offer a refund if I "didn't want to wait"

So at this point, I'm irritated. Its been a week and now I'm getting some line about it being another two weeks cause Diamond Eye has to "make the kit"
Right....

So I end up getting off the phone with them. I told them I'd call back later. Spoke to some industry folks with great reputations. Later that Friday, I called Kyle back. I had decided to go ahead and pay the difference for the MBRP, even though I thought the business was being deceptive. Kyle told me that he had good news. He stated he spoke to the manufacturer and worked out a deal with them. They were going to try to get my kit out early next week so I should have it by the end of next week (today). It was to be dropped shipped from Diamond Eye to my house and I would definately have a tracking number. Based on this and against my better judgement, I decided to let it go through.

So, Tuesday, this week, day after labor day, I get a little curious. Order status still shows "awaiting fullfillment". Surfing the web, so I cruise by the Diamond Eye website. I happen to see a phone number listed to locate a local dealer, so I call Diamond Eye. I spoke to a great guy at Diamond Eye and asked him if FTPdiesel was one of his dealers. NOPE. So I went into my saga a little bit. Guy from Diamond Eye tells me that its a bunch of bunk. Diamond Eye ships upward of 50 of those kits a week...... The gentleman from Diamond Eye said he's never heard of them (not uncommon) and that they have to be getting the exhaust from a middle man.

So, now I'm livid. Multiple times I have been lied to. FTP had stated multiple times that they had been in contact with Diamond Eye. So I send out an email to FTP that told them exactly how I felt. I asked them to call me. I get an email.

The funny part is in the email they said everything they have told me is true...........Ha. Then basically say if I'm not willing to wait the necessary time to receive the exhaust, then I can have a refund but that I probably don't want a refund because it's such a good price.....Then they threw Diamond Eye under the bus again stating they don't recommend it because of the quality.

So I finally got my money back today.

I did quite a bit of research on this company after the drama started.
They are located in High Point, NC. The company is owned by Justin Shaw and the companies name was changed to Full Throttle Performance LLC just last year. Prior to that the company was named RJ Entertainment LLC, which as best as I could tell, was a DJ business.
Per Kyle, the sales guy, they are understaffed. Based on one company profile I found online, the company has between 4 and 9 employees.

I did notice that their web address, www.FTPdiesel dot com is just one letter away from a very well known company www.FTEdiesel.com

Things that make you go hmmmm..

Long story short. Deal was too good to be true. Price has now been changed on their site. Great deal on an exhaust is worthless if you never actually receive the exhaust.

Last edited by REtyc; 09-13-2012 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Update
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2012, 08:29 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Update. Mbrp 4" arrived today

XDP kicks azz!!!!!

After I got my money back the other day, I started shopping for a new exhaust.
I found one dirt cheap on amazon from a company I have never heard of.
While cruising diesel sites, I noticed XDP had a price match guarantee.
So I got on the horn with them, within 5 minutes they had matched the price and then some. Shipped out right away, got here this afternoon..

Opened the box, and wow that pipe is freakin HUGE!!!

Can't wait to install it.

XDP was awesome. Helpful, courteous, and top notch....
Old 09-14-2012, 08:49 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by REtyc View Post
XDP kicks azz!!!!!

Thank you very much for the kind words. We hate to hear you had a bad time with another retailer but happy that XDP could turn that situation around for you!
Old 09-14-2012, 09:23 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by REtyc View Post
XDP kicks azz!!!!!

After I got my money back the other day, I started shopping for a new exhaust.
I found one dirt cheap on amazon from a company I have never heard of.
While cruising diesel sites, I noticed XDP had a price match guarantee.
So I got on the horn with them, within 5 minutes they had matched the price and then some. Shipped out right away, got here this afternoon..

Opened the box, and wow that pipe is freakin HUGE!!!

Can't wait to install it.

I won't buy from anyone that's not a site sponsor for that exact reason. Glad you got it straightened out.
Old 09-14-2012, 05:15 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy@XDP View Post
Thank you very much for the kind words. We hate to hear you had a bad time with another retailer but happy that XDP could turn that situation around for you!
Didn't even realize you guys are site sponsors. Im kinda new to the whole diesel forum thing. I've been a member here for a few years but just made my first post a couple of weeks ago.

I hope Diamond Eye does what I think they will.....
Stupid should hurt.

Anyway, just got the MBRP on tonite!!!!! Sounds awesome, much better than a muffler delete (did that on the Excursion and changed back) Turbo spools much faster lower in the band, actual seat of the pants difference, and sounds mean when you tromp it.

I told your sales chick the other day she just got a customer for life. She was great.

Last edited by REtyc; 09-15-2012 at 07:23 AM. Reason: update
Old 09-20-2012, 09:40 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Glad to hear it!
Old 09-20-2012, 10:36 PM
Serving Our Country!

I ordered my ICON stage II steering stab. from Acer Engineering, and the folks there are all about a satisfied customer. I had my kit within 3 days of payment, offered tips for installing, and if I had any questions to give him a call. I couldn't be happier and the truck looks awesome!@

Kevin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.