love my neighbors - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2012, 08:53 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
love my neighbors

I got home last night to my neighbor next door letting me know the one across the street approached him about my rig being parked in front of my place. Apparently its a "white trash pos eye sore that's bringing down the home values and news to be burned and tows away "

I'm looking forward to winter so not only will it be "ugly " to here it can also be noisy and obnoxious at 5am when she's out warming up. Lol

Apparently she's talked to everyone in the local area about it but me. Almost makes me wanna make it uglier lol

Sorry rant off. I hate people
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2012, 09:01 AM

I hate neighbors too!
Old 08-13-2012, 09:20 AM
Super Moderator

Where else are you supposed to park it? Geez. As long as it doesn't look abandoned (thick coat of dust, cobb webs, flat tires, etc) there isn't much they can do, but talk. It's your house, your truck.

What do they object to.....A vehicle is parked in front of your house (so it wouldn't matter if you had a brand new truck) or the fact that your truck is 'old'(er)?

Some people should mind thier own business.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:21 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I would make the truck "uglier" just for kicks
Old 08-13-2012, 09:31 AM

I would get a big oh sticker of a middle finger put on the side toward her.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:32 AM

I'm not real sure. The lot next to me use to be empty. I parked my k5 there so it wouldn't be in Ger way backing out of her garage. She complained to the neighbors /association called me on it. The lady is a real old hag. I've tried to be nice to her. She just scowls and walks off. So to be neighborly i park right where she needs to back out. Traded the k5 for the 350 and she's at it again. My car is in the garage. Wife's truck is in the driveway. If i drive the truck i keep it in the drive. If i drive the car i keep it in the street to keep from having to shuffle cars a few times a day.

Guy around the corner has a ROUGH Chevy short wide. I wanna talk him into parking it in front of my house for a few weeks. I'm really not sure what her issue is. I guess its not "nice " enough for her. Maybe i need a new Lexus to fit in with her
Old 08-13-2012, 09:49 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by smotrs View Post

Now THAT would be doable
Old 08-13-2012, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smotrs View Post
im actually thinking about hitting her where it hurts. she spends a LOT of money on her land scaping and ive got about 5 gal, of e85 i need to get rid of. im thinking about drawing her a picture... maybe a big connect the dots in her grass?

i kid i kid.... that would be wrong
Old 08-13-2012, 10:23 AM
Premium Member

I had something very similar happen about a month ago. I had an issue replacing the fuel pressure regulator spring and had a fuel leak. It was getting late and so I called it a night knowing what I had to do the next day.

The next morning, I went out and fixed the problem at about 8:30 in the morning. My neighbor right next to me (I live in a townhouse) was on her porch talking on the phone and so I walked over letting her know I had to fire my truck up and wanted to make sure she was ok with that. She sid, "no problem Bill!" and I went back and fired it up. After about 3 minutes and no leaks, I shut it down and started putting everything else back together.

It was at that moment that the neighborhood cat lady with her two dogs started b*itching at me about my truck being too loud and that people were trying to sleep. Keep in mind it was 9:00 at this point. I told her that my truck was no louder than any of the other vehicles around nor was it any louder than her little yip-yap dogs that bark non-stop every time she brings them outside.

The next door neighbor then got involved and basically told the old one she needs to mind her own business and go away.
Old 08-13-2012, 11:21 AM

i love living in the country!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.