HID Kit - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-10-2012, 08:52 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 

Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
HID Kit

06 F-250 here. looking to do an HID conversion. I have done them on chevys in the past and they were easy, plug and play. this is my first ford. I would like to do it as easily as possible, i have buddys who only have lo beams because it was easier to wire up than the hi/lo bulb, if that makes sense. i would be fine with doing that and loosing high beams. If yall could guide me in the right direction id appreciate it!

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 08-10-2012, 11:36 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 848
Thanks: 3
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
ddmtuning.com

Remove old bulbs put in HID bulbs.
Plug in hid harness to stock harness.
Plug in play Hid harness with bulbs.
Run power and your grounds.

Done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 08-11-2012, 12:33 AM
Premium Member

 

Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Frederick, Maryland
Posts: 202
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20046.0 View Post
ddmtuning.com

Remove old bulbs put in HID bulbs.
Plug in hid harness to stock harness.
Plug in play Hid harness with bulbs.
Run power and your grounds.

Done.
You are forgetting one key component. Projectors. I dont understand how truck guys who install HID bulbs into their OEM Reflector housings get away with it and dont get ticketed more.

You do realize you are blinding the oncoming traffic right. the point to a projection lense, is so it concentrates the light where intended, not all over the place as with a reflector housing...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 08-11-2012, 03:08 AM
Serving Our Country!
 

Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Cen Cal
Posts: 670
Thanks: 4
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I hav teh hi/lo bulb on my 2007. Id recommend getting teh hi/lo bulb. If u get just teh low beam, ur lights will shut off if u were to engage ur high beams. Its no less or more wiring, its teh same amount of wiring for both.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 08-11-2012, 07:13 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 848
Thanks: 3
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boudah View Post
You are forgetting one key component. Projectors. I dont understand how truck guys who install HID bulbs into their OEM Reflector housings get away with it and dont get ticketed more.

You do realize you are blinding the oncoming traffic right. the point to a projection lense, is so it concentrates the light where intended, not all over the place as with a reflector housing...
Oh my god I didn't know that!! thanks soo much....

I agree projector housing will give you a better CUTOFF point where a stock housing with blur the light and the cutoff won't be so straight.

Plenty of people run without them though, angle your lights down and you can avoid blinding cars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 08-11-2012, 09:04 PM
Premium Member

 

Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Frederick, Maryland
Posts: 202
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20046.0 View Post
Oh my god I didn't know that!! thanks soo much....

I agree projector housing will give you a better CUTOFF point where a stock housing with blur the light and the cutoff won't be so straight.

Plenty of people run without them though, angle your lights down and you can avoid blinding cars.
Smartass sarcastic response appreciated, You evidently dont drive a car.. I dont intend to win anyone over with why you should use projectors, but ive never known truck guys to care about being tacky or not. it doesnt matter if you install HID bulbs in a car or truck, you should be using projectors.

its not the cutoff so much than it still blinds car drivers since again the light isnt concentrated in a reflector as in a projection lense. Personal opinion it looks tacky in any application with a reflector but i feel no one really cares on here anyway, lol

I dont want you to think im trolling as i have a little post count, but i dont understand american car/truck drivers sometimes with putting HID Bulbs in your stock reflector housing.

BTW, DDM Tuning is a good company, also you can look into theretrofitsource.com and lightwerkz.com The last two specialize in European applications but the kits themselves are generic and specific to every brand for a full customized setup to a complete plug n play system.

Last edited by Boudah; 08-11-2012 at 09:08 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 08-11-2012, 10:41 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 848
Thanks: 3
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I own a boosted 95 transam with an lq9 swap thats a car. I don't think your trolling or any of that gay crap. Read his first post again

" I would like to do it as easily as possible"

Now if someone wanted to know how to get the best lighting setup I would of posted something slightly different.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 08-11-2012, 11:11 PM
Banned
 

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Carrollton Ohio
Posts: 8,839
Thanks: 65
Thanked 58 Times in 40 Posts
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
^^ lol will you leave the poor new guy alone. Hahaha but in all seriousness it's not just an annoyance to meet a driver with non projected hid's but to have them installed without projectors is actually illegal. Do what you want it's your vehicle and your money I could care less just came here to drop some knowledge on y'all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 08-12-2012, 01:34 AM
Premium Member

 

Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Frederick, Maryland
Posts: 202
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20046.0 View Post
I own a boosted 95 transam with an lq9 swap thats a car. I don't think your trolling or any of that gay crap. Read his first post again

" I would like to do it as easily as possible"

Now if someone wanted to know how to get the best lighting setup I would of posted something slightly different.


Understandable, he was asking for an easy setup, nothing complicated. I was merely proving other options with the additional websites to source HID Drop in Kits for the OEM Spec wiring harness. Yes those sites have retrofit kits also available.

just cause he wants easy, doesnt mean its right. My 2 cents is based on experience and the fact as Tuscany mentioned, it is infact Illegal. Most cops look past these things, such as oversize tires extending past your wheel wells/fender flares.

The OP asked for an easy solution, sure, but what he should also realize is just becuase you can buy a 40-80 dollar drop in kit, its always better to do it once and do it right. Not only does his lighting improve exponentially with projectors, he is also doing it safely. Unless you care that little for your fellow drivers saftey.

No inention to start a **** storm, and cool ur car is boosted and all


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscany View Post
^^ lol will you leave the poor new guy alone. Hahaha but in all seriousness it's not just an annoyance to meet a driver with non projected hid's but to have them installed without projectors is actually illegal. Do what you want it's your vehicle and your money I could care less just came here to drop some knowledge on y'all.
I suppose i came into this forum knowing this is a battle ill never win, but heh, ill always put up a fight

-Ellery
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 08-12-2012, 07:13 AM
Premium Member
 

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada
Posts: 3,950
Thanks: 0
Thanked 33 Times in 31 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I like these that Cary makes. True projectors


Sent from my Autoguide iPad app
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors