Train horn just ordered - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2012, 07:17 PM
GET MY ENEMA BUCKET BRO!!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Train horn just ordered

Oh man. Wanted one for a year now and finally have a vehicle that it's capable on. Im not sure how it's looked upon here but I know I'll have something to do every Friday and Saturday night now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2012, 09:58 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I'll be doing the same thing as soon as I sign my papers!!!
Old 08-01-2012, 06:13 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksun View Post
I'll have something to do every Friday and Saturday night now.
Which is?
Old 08-01-2012, 06:27 AM
Premium Member

Train horn

If ya don't mind sharing, where did you procure this horn and approx. Price?
Old 08-01-2012, 10:52 AM

I purhased from horn blasters. Google train horn and they come up first I think I was reading about them before last year.

They have 3 basic kits. For 250/3??/ and then like 1400. I got the jackass which is the smallest but has the same air Tank as the next one up. I would have got the other right now But price played a major factor and I dunno what I'm doing yet so I'll start out small.

The next step up from mine has like 3 or 4 big horns and the cheaper, one I have, has a cluster of 3. So when I wanna upgrade I can. The next step up did sound a lot more in your face but for what I'm doing these will be a great starting point.

I live right by down town fort worth. I plan on cruising with my roommate and filming the results of some scared pedestrians. Also hopefully causing a wreck to the next ****** who cuts me off
Old 08-01-2012, 10:59 AM

Train Horns & Train Horn Kits: Loudest Horns Available

Yep I got the good option. Same air tank a the "better" Brahe " good" has free shipping and when I want to upgrade horns layer I could. Im so excited to start scaring people.

Now I have a question. Anyone have any idea where this compressor could be mounted.

EDIT : I just called. The good option air compressor needs to mounted up right. And ideally in some type of Inclosure so either I gotta find so dry spot up near engine bay or it's gonna be behind drivers seat.

Isn't there a drain plug in the back of the cab I could poke out to run air hose out?

Last edited by jacksun; 08-01-2012 at 11:08 AM.
Old 08-01-2012, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksun View Post
I live right by down town fort worth. I plan on cruising with my roommate and filming the results of some scared pedestrians. Also hopefully causing a wreck to the next ****** who cuts me off
That's what I thought you were going to say, and some food for thought: the person you honk at might pick up a rock, brick. or whatever other hard object nearby that can be thrown and huck it at your truck. Or shoot at you. I found out pretty quickly that people don't take too kindly to being honked at for my amusement (the first time I honked at someone, he threw a golf club at my truck).

If that's not enough to make you reconsider, there's a hornblasters customer who honked his horn while at a car / truck show. A passerby claimed permanent hearing loss and emotional trauma and sued the owner of the car (or truck, I don't remember which) and also named hornblasters in the lawsuit.
Old 08-01-2012, 04:25 PM

Speaking of gold clubs there's one right by where I live. Good call. And maybe I'll go to Dallas then I can be recognized. But then again there's the hood to worry about
Old 08-01-2012, 06:39 PM

Just sayin that what seems to be harmless and funny from our perspective can quickly turn out to be the exact opposite. I make a conscious effort not to screw with people for fun with these, and I've still had people threaten to kick my azz, throw stuff at my truck, chase me down the street, and try to run me off the road. Even had someone point a gun at me.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:42 AM

Agreed these aren't something to be played with. I want a set myself but I completely agree it will have to be used carefully. Use them in emergency situations only.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.