Need some help - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2007, 10:15 PM
COLLEGE KID

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to lifewitlooie
Need some help

My truck previously had a problem of having a wobble occur in the front end as you approach 30 mph. I could maintain 25 or accelerate past 30 and get to 35 and i would be fine. I did a full retorque of my front end lift kit annd the problem went away for the most part. a little bit a shake compared to what i had. NOW out of nowhere around 30 i get a FU%KIN VIOLENT SHAKE OUT of the front end and it really doesnt stop. Its like the front end is jumping.. left right left right left right like left tire right tire left tire right tire.. i will let go of the gogopedal and let it slow down naturally and it does it for a scary few seconds. its pretty bad... the wobble i had before after the retorque was fine cuz its a new lift... but this shake. I know it has 2 be taken care of or more serious problems will occur. when it shakes it NO SHT feels like the left tire leaves the ground (almost) comes back down and the right one leaves the ground and that continues after letting go of the pedal. it eventually stops after reaching a minimal or maximum speed. heres what i have done to the truck and i know i have one thing wrong i know of

6 inch tuff country lift. new front leaf springs(beeefy)
2 drop down brackets.
rear blocks.
38.5 boggers
No steering stablizer
Lift guy says i need a larger drop pittman arm but i dont think thats causing wobble

Here is one problem i know of. The balancer on the drive shaft close to the end of the driveshaft real close to the rear diff is mesed up. basically i know its not doing its job and i been meaning to cut it off.

other than that nothing else wrong with the truck besides the shake. Im going to wrench on it for alot in a few days and im making a list of things that could be wrong. ADD TO IT thanks in advance Looie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2007, 10:35 PM
im fat and ugly

you have the stock pitman arm?
Old 10-01-2007, 10:38 PM
COLLEGE KID

no its aftermarket and larger but he said that it could definitely be bigger. When i put my 6 inch lift on i got alot more than that. My front leaf springs were so worn out they were bowing the other way upside down! i got prolly 8-10 it seams like. the steering linkage connected to the pittman arm looks like it could have less stress on it with a long piittman arm but i think its fine. turns fine. its the wobble. i dont think the stretched linkage has anything to do with the wobble.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:40 PM
COLLEGE KID

this guy puts all kinds of lift kits on. he knows what he is talking about. he said i could use a steering stablizer.. i take it thats the mount that i put a shock on horizontaly? i dont know if that would fix the wobble... its a bad shake man.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:51 PM
im fat and ugly

steering stabs arent that expensive, definately invest in one, but i dont think thats yur issue
Old 10-01-2007, 10:55 PM
COLLEGE KID

yeah im not lookin for alot of replies till tomorrow.. thats wut i get 4 drinking and posting it at midnight instead of the afternoon. Im going to phoneix tomorrow to Dave and busters!!! u ever been there stump? its an arcade for adults. They serve beer and provide top-o-the-line arcade games. its gonna be saaweeeet
Old 10-01-2007, 10:57 PM
im fat and ugly

ive heard of it and i really want to go
Old 10-02-2007, 04:06 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Louie, u gotta get a stabilizer, better yet get a double. I know the shake your talkin about and its f**king violent. Oh yeah, I got a Dave & Busters right down the street. Its fun, get all loaded and play vids, eat wings. Get a stabilizer!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-02-2007, 02:40 PM

when was the last time u got a alinement on the front because my truck was doin the say thing and it cost me a $500 alinement and it fixed right up i had 38.5 bogger and everything just like u
Old 10-02-2007, 05:58 PM

I have to agree with loki who is also my little brother who actully sold me the truck and I had the alignment done but anyways when i backed mine up the tires would fold in so i thought it was ball joints so i replaced them it still did it after that but i got a alignment and it fixed it right up took a long time the guy had to replace the cams for the ball joints but got it done and fixed up if you have any ? i can give you my number and try to help but that sounds like my exact problem
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.