CB radio for truck! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2007, 03:37 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Post CB radio for truck!

Ok, i have always wanted a CB radio, so now with the trip to NC coming up and a convoy from OK, i want to get serious with a search for a CB, what is everyones brand/size/options/etc preference.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2007, 03:57 PM
Serving Our Country!

i would go with teh basic cobra 29 peaked and tuned and get a wilson 100 mag mount antenna. unless you want a radio with 500 channels and is illegal but no one will ever know what you have. there called export radios. galaxy is a good brand as well. superstar, general lee,general ap hill, just to name a few. and it also depends on how much you want to spend.. let me know if you want any help my buddy is in teh cb radio business and i can get you a hook up.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:05 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Blue01F250 Send a message via Yahoo to Blue01F250
haha - wanna do a group deal strokermann??? I'll be convoying with Joe
Old 09-26-2007, 04:08 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Where do you get your hands on one of those 500 channel radio's?
Old 09-26-2007, 04:20 PM
If it aint a CAT itsa DOG

I agree that the cobra 29 is a good radio. I personally have a Uniden PC68 Elite. Mine has weather channels on it. I like storm chasing so i wanted one with weather alerts. I have had 2 of the uniden radios and never had a problem with em. They are reasonably priced. I just would stay away from the "small" radios. They are kinda like portables. They don't have the capabilites to adjust RF gain, mic gain, etc. They are a good short range radio for like loaders in gravel pits, etc... I have a wilson trucker 5000 antenna hooked to my radio. My antenna is clipped to match the power levels correctly. When you get set up with a radio/antenna combo, get a tuner box so you can match up the signals. I forget exactly how to do it. Also go with a long coax cable. The longer the better, if you have excess cable just zip tie it in a loop.
Heres a link of one of the best places we truckers go for CB help and parts. This guy will pre tune your radio before shipping it to you, if you want.
GI JOE'S: CB RADIO - CB RADIO ANTENNA - SCANNER - CELLULAR
Old 09-26-2007, 04:29 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

well, im not afraid to get a good one, also the weather channels are a must!
i was ebay a lil while ago searching, i found a uniden bearcat for a good deal, although a refurb.

UNIDEN BEARCAT PROFESSIONAL CB RADIO PC-78LTW 40C - (eBay item 230175530705 end time Sep-28-07 18:16:11 PDT)
Old 09-26-2007, 04:37 PM
Serving Our Country!

there all good radios. if you guys wanna get something from teh guy i know. i need to know how many. and i personally would not go to gi joes. he has been known to screw up a radio. trust me. i have been around cb radios a long time and have been to a many of cb compitions. just let me know which radio you want and i will pm you a price from teh guy i know. oh for as were we can get the radios with 500 channels just let meknow what you want and i can get it to.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:51 PM

Why would you need 500 channels.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:56 PM
Serving Our Country!

lot of people use the other channels for when teh skip is running. when talking across country and other countries possibly. and some hunt clubs get off teh regular cb bands to talk on other freqs. but again you are messing with ham bands then and hammers don't like us cb'ers. but the fcc is not going ot mess with you unless you are running serious power and interfering with everyone on your block. lol. i will post some pics of my old truck and let you see some serious power from a cb radio lol.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:58 PM
If it aint a CAT itsa DOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by strokermann View Post
there all good radios. if you guys wanna get something from teh guy i know. i need to know how many. and i personally would not go to gi joes. he has been known to screw up a radio. trust me. i have been around cb radios a long time and have been to a many of cb compitions. just let me know which radio you want and i will pm you a price from teh guy i know. oh for as were we can get the radios with 500 channels just let meknow what you want and i can get it to.
Well i guess there is good and bad about him. My friend has gone through that guy for a long time and so has most of the fleet that he hauls with and not had any problems. I bought my radio off of e-bay also and love it. Mine was brand new and not a rebuilt. I think i paid 89 for it with free shipping. Just check the fine print on the specs on each radio cause i had a bearcat without weather alerts. The weather alert radios are a little harder to come acrossed, but its worth having.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.