Ranting and Raving...... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2007, 09:10 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ranting and Raving......

As i was perusing through some back issues of diesel power, i began to realize a trend. The trend was that the duramax and cummins seem to be the only ones putting down some serious power. Why is that? is the design of the powerstroke not able to put that much powert to the ground? I mean there are guys like madsen who put a cummins in his f350, and guys with old 12 valve cummins that put a modded 6.0 to shame. Guys getting crazy numbers with a relatively old engine design. So this got me thinking. Is this merely because ford and Int. are pushing lame designs, or is the aftermarket just not coming up with crazy stuff like they do for the dmax and cummins? I don't have the answer, and was hoping that i could get various opinions on the subject. It's kind of a shame that i've been to truck shows here local and the dodge guys are all willing to talk about their trucks, most of the ford guys (obviously not .org members mind you) are tight lipped. Is that why powerstrokes are not putting the holy grail 1000 hp toi the ground? I knoiw trhe dmax can maker some real power, and the cummins can, but where's the PSD? hopefully i just haven't seen them yet......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2007, 09:11 PM
Still Alive

Send a message via Skype™ to westcoaststrokin
You mean Cummins power?
Old 09-22-2007, 09:12 PM
HardLuck Case of the Year

Send a message via AIM to Ditty Send a message via Yahoo to Ditty
THe PSD's can put down the power...but they break quickly at over 600hp or so. The bedplate and the injectors are the reasons. They just aren't conducive to big power numbers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.