FS2500 Oilfilter - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2006, 05:35 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
FS2500 Oilfilter

Hey I was wondering if any of us on here run this secondary oil filter it says it works great and oil is really clean and you can run oil up to 10,000 miles. Just wondering found in diesel mag. and seeing if anyone has had any sucess with it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2006, 12:36 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

well I have about 145,000 on my motor now and do you advise this or not
Old 07-05-2006, 01:41 PM
LTJDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltjds
Yeah I have one of these filters inst on my 7.3
I have 78K Mi and i have stopped burning oil between changes for starters.
Second the oil analysis I have had done on the engine show a final soot concentration of .3%, this is very low. I am still working on cleaning any built up residue in the crankcase, I have just ordered an experimental filter that this Company used in their Filters on a Metro City Bus Project. This is in an effort to polish the remaining oil to a clean clear honey luster. If your vehicle has under 30K this build up should'nt effect your initial cosmetic gains. Oil analysis indicates that my oil is within spec, but further tx is req to get my oil to remain the same color as when it went in. I run a modified 7.3 and the EGT can go as high as 1450F, meaning I blow alot of unburnt fuel sometimes in race mode. This increase in soot discharge works against the filter. Thats why I bought it. If you call the FS2500 Company "Randy Can Answer Your ??"
I installed it myself and upgraded to braided stainless hoses.
2002 PSD F350 EXT Cab SRW 2x4, K&N FPIK, 4" turbo back, Tranny Sun Coast Race Rebuild w/ upgraded TC, 4 Bank-Position Computer Chip, 70hp injectors, Four AutoMeter Cobalt gauges on A-Pilar, yellow top Optima's,.

Last edited by LTJDS; 07-05-2006 at 02:00 PM.
Old 07-05-2006, 03:06 PM
LTJDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltjds
145K on your mtr. I don't think it is relevant with regards to total mileage.
I am not a mechanic, but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn last night ......just kidding.[COLOR="Blue"] " I know this ", in a 7.3L PSD the oil is used to do more than just the usual duties. A/ it lubricates the Turbo, pretty important when you drive your motor like me .B/ it is used to help the fuel injectors function properly under their high operating pressures, C/ it also is used in some way by the injection pump that boosts the fuel up to such high injection pressures.
Whew.... if these were not enough reason for concern, running your engine like I do, with a heavy right foot, will dump allot of fuel in the engine that is not always used up effectively ie. EXCESSIVE SOOT in Race mode with my computer chip this happens regularly. My motor has been somewhat modified and I believe that the investment was worth the peace of mind it brings me, that's before we even talk about the monetary savings brought about through extended drain intervals.
I just bought this product for the above reasons and I have had it installed for about 12-15K miles. NO REGRETS HERE !
Anyway I don't want seem like a company rep for this product , I still am evaluating it. None the less so far I have been very pleased.
This product is backed up by 3rd party independent oil analysis. This process goes like this, a baseline sample pre-installation, one sample at 5K mi, and one more at an additional 5K mi, This give you 3 samples which should indicate and reflect the status of your oil, your engine, and your improvements that have been made over time with the new filter.
This new By-Pass Filter will filter your oil down to 3 microns where the factory filter regardless of the manufacturer (I use K&N Oil Filters) only filter down to about 14 or 15 microns. There's just to much to write about and much of this info is avail from the manufacturer. I am happy with the product so far. I am going to try a modified version of the filter element with the hopes that the oil will stay the same color as the day it went in. BUT even though the oil is not clear I can feel the difference when I rub it between my Fingers, and the independent oil analysis reflects the reduction in SOOT LEVELS and the retention of the oil's protective qualities over time.
2002 PSD 7.3L F350 SRW, FPIK K&N, 4" turbo back, 4Bank Chip, 70hp injectors, Sun Coast Trans w/ Full Race Rebuild and High Perf TC, Four (4) AutoMeter Cobalt Gauges on the A-Pillar, FS-2500 Bypass Oil Filter, MagHytek Covers,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.