New BFGoodrich Tires - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2007, 02:15 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New BFGoodrich Tires

I was just wondering if anyone happened to get their hands on a set of the new BFG Mud Terrain KM2's. I ordered a set of the "original" mud terrain's and they called back and said that they had the "new" tread design and would send those instead if that was ok....Well, not looking into it further I assumed that it would look like the tread on the new Wrangler Rubicon since it is a little different than the normal BFG "M/T". Boy was I a little suprised when they got here and look very similar to their Krawler Competition tire. Looks like it's loud and will wear fast, just wondering if anyone had a first impression of them yet. I guess I will probably run them since they are here, they look "cool", and I have a pretty high tolerance for lack of road manners, but I really hope they don't wear out too fast....Those suckers are expensive. Thanks.
-Aaron
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2007, 02:36 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Rob Send a message via MSN to Rob Send a message via Skype™ to Rob
no, i havent seen them, i went with Toyo Open Country M/T's when i had to get new tires. the BFG's were too much money. anyway, hope they work out for you! lets see a pic or two!
Old 09-19-2007, 04:59 AM
Let's Run'em

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TwinTurboStroker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwalker29 View Post
no, i havent seen them, i went with Toyo Open Country M/T's when i had to get new tires. the BFG's were too much money. anyway, hope they work out for you! lets see a pic or two!
BFG's were more than Toyos????? Where did you get your Toyos, because every where I've looked they are at least 100 bucks more a tire.....I'm looking for a set of 35's to go with the lift I got for the truck ( cough, cough Vendors) and I wanted to go Toyo because they are suppose to be a awesome mud tire and last a long time for a mud tire, but they are too expensive, especially when I have to buy 6 of them ......for right now I'm torn between the new KM2 or the Nitto Terra Grapplers.....sorry Green I would have them already but I can't make up my mind....let me know how you like them
Old 09-19-2007, 01:07 PM
Premium Member

I definitly will post up what I think about them. I personally don't like the Nitto's. I found the same thing with the tire prices. Toyo's were WAY more expensive than BFG's, not to mention I wasn't sure if I would have trouble with the clearance of the 37X13.50 that toyo makes instead of the 37X12.50 of the BFG's, but those were my two choices. Well, here are some pics uninstalled....I will post up later tongiht hopefully after I get them on. (They would have been on already, only they forgot to ship the lugnuts). Oh yeah, National Tire & Wheel had the best prices I could find on the Toyo's, but they couldn't compete with the prices for the rims I picked out.
-Aaron
Attached Thumbnails
New BFGoodrich Tires-rim-tire2.jpg   New BFGoodrich Tires-newtires-.jpg  
Old 09-19-2007, 01:30 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

DANG Green whered u get them
Old 09-19-2007, 01:32 PM
Let's Run'em

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TwinTurboStroker
Those look SWEEEEEET!!!!
Old 09-19-2007, 01:37 PM

Sweet Looking set up, Need to get a pic of them on the truck!!
Old 09-19-2007, 01:38 PM
Thats Mr. Oil Leak.....

Send a message via AIM to MrJohnWayne Send a message via MSN to MrJohnWayne Send a message via Yahoo to MrJohnWayne
awesome tread!
Old 09-19-2007, 01:38 PM
Premium Member

Lift Kits, Tires & Wheels by 4 Wheel Parts
They did forget to ship the lugnuts, but I called them at 6pm or something last night and they had them here today when I got off of work. The best part is for $20 a wheel they said that they could give me a lifetime (as long as I own them) warranty against almost everything. Corrosion, bent rim, cracked rim, accidental curb check, and if I send them the rim, they would send me a new one! I couldn't believe it. Not to mention it only took two days of shipping to get here. (It did take them a little longer to get them "in stock") Well, gotta head back out and put the other 3 on....lol. I was just checking lugnut torque values.
-Aaron
Old 09-19-2007, 01:58 PM

Good lookin tires green. Curious how they sound goin down the road. Gotta get some pics up of them on the truck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.