i dont understand - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2007, 03:30 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i dont understand

i got this line in my oasis report BEFORE REPLACING FUEL INJECTORS FOR COLD ENGINE OPERATION SEE TSB 07-05-04 wut does tsb 07-05-04 mean because my truck runs really ruff with no power when it is cold but this line sounds like it has somethin to do with it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2007, 03:38 PM
Thats Mr. Oil Leak.....

Send a message via AIM to MrJohnWayne Send a message via MSN to MrJohnWayne Send a message via Yahoo to MrJohnWayne
tsb = tech service bulletin. what that specific tsb is I don't know
Old 09-18-2007, 04:07 PM
Premium Member

This is all I could find:
White Smoke, Lack of Power, Exhaust Odor, Surge, Runs Rough, or No Start:
The above symptoms on trucks equiped with the 6.0 when the engine is cold may indicate a sticking injector spool valve. To reduce the likelyhood of this condition, there is a revised program available for the Fuel Injection Control Module. This new program uses the injector spool valve solenoids to preheat the oil at the injectors. The diagnostic computer has to be at version 47.8 or higher, or 48.2 or higher to upload this new program. The new program supercedes TSB #06-2-13, which caused the injectors to actuate (buzz) for 30 seconds after the engine is shut off. With this program the injectors will no longer buzz on shut-down.
TSB #07-5-4
This supercedes TSB 06-2-13, which advises the above conditions may be related to poor oil maintenance practices. However, the programming mentioned in the current bulletin does not obviate the need to perform oil changes at the recommended intervals.
Old 09-18-2007, 04:19 PM

is the spool valve in the injector or somewhere else
Old 09-18-2007, 04:24 PM
Emergency Services

My truck was doing this. I have an '03 F350 with the 6.0L. My dealer checked it, flashed it with the new program per the tsb and now it runs great. Cost me the $100 warranty deductable is all.
Old 09-18-2007, 04:26 PM
Premium Member

HERE'S MORE:
TSB
06-2-13 WHITE SMOKE, LACKS POWER, EXHAUST ODOR, SURGES, RUNS ROUGH, OR NO START - 6.0L

Publication Date: January 23, 2006

FORD: 2003-2005 Excursion
2003-2006 F-Super Duty
2004-2006 E-Series

ISSUE:
Some vehicles equipped with a 6.0L DI engine may experience white smoke, lacks power, exhaust odor, surges, runs rough, or no start. These conditions are caused by the injector spool valve sticking internally when cold. The concern is typically evident following a cold start and may last 3-5 minutes or longer as the vehicle warms up.

ACTION:
Diagnose these driveability concerns using the following Service Procedure.

NOTE: IF THE VEHICLE RUNS ROUGH OR HAS A MISFIRE WHEN THE ENGINE IS AT OPERATING TEMPERATURE, DIAGNOSE THOSE CONCERNS BEFORE PROCEEDING WITH THIS TSB.

SERVICE PROCEDURE

NOTE: OIL ADDITIVES THAT INCREASE THE OIL'S VISCOSITY AND POOR MAINTENANCE CAN DELAY COMMANDED INJECTOR SPOOL VALVE RESPONSE. FAILURE TO CHANGE THE OIL ON A REGULAR BASIS AT THE PROPER INTERVAL WILL CAUSE THE INJECTOR SPOOL VALVE TO STICK WHEN COLD.

Refer to the owner's guide for recommended service intervals and oil grade/viscosity. Several oil changes with driving cycles may be required to "flush" the engine of residual additives and/or degraded oil.

NOTE: VEHICLE PERFORMANCE ISSUES RELATED TO FUEL QUALITY, MAINTENANCE AND AFTERMARKET MODIFICATIONS/ADDITIVES ARE NOT COVERED BY FORD MOTOR COMPANY WARRANTY.

Complete each of the following steps.

It may be necessary to keep the vehicle for one (1) or more overnight periods to verify all injectors that have a cold sticking concern. Customers with the cold driveability conditions listed should be advised it may be necessary to keep the vehicle in order to verify the repair. Technicians who become familiar with this procedure may be able to reduce the number of days some vehicles are held, based on experience in successfully identifying all the problem injectors using these steps.

Inspect engine oil quality, level and vehicle maintenance schedule, interview the customer as necessary.
Ensure oil is not unreasonably thick / fuel diluted / or soot contaminated.
Ensure correct oil grade / viscosity for vehicle use and ambient temperature.
If a concern is found with the engine oil, change the oil to "flush out" the undesirable oil, several oil changes with driving cycles may be required to "flush" the engine of residual additives and/or degraded oil.
Verify latest level calibration is installed. WDS version 37.4 and higher contains the calibration providing longer injector pre-start cycling at initial key on, extended injector cycling warms the injector and reduces spool valve oil latch upon cold start.
Verify proper operation of glow plug system following Powertrain Controls/Emissions Diagnosis (PC/ED), Section 5, AF, Glow Plug System Introduction. If concerns are found, repair as necessary and reverify the concern. If no concerns are found, continue to Step 4.
Validate fuel pressure is not less than 45 psi (310 kPa), and inlet restriction no more than 6 inches Hg when performing a 0-50 MPH Wide Open Throttle (WOT) acceleration. If concerns are found, repair as necessary. If no concerns are found, continue to Step 5.
COLD SOAK THE VEHICLE OUTDOORS OVERNIGHT. If this is not performed, incorrect readings will result.
Verify Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) is no lower than 20 F (-7 C), or greater than 50 F (10 C). Accurate test readings can not be achieved when engine ECT is below 20 F (-7 C). The block heater may be used to increase coolant temperature if ECT is lower than 20 F (-7 C). ECT above 50 F (10 C) may limit concern severity and diagnosis time. If required temperature can not be met, do not continue with the TSB.
Old 09-18-2007, 04:28 PM

the ford warrenty on the motoror a different
Old 09-18-2007, 04:39 PM

so will this hurt my truck or is this just more nuisance
Old 09-18-2007, 08:49 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Blue01F250 Send a message via Yahoo to Blue01F250
the Ford warranty has a $100 deductible... and I'd fix it if you can... having an injector jacked up can't be a good thing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.