used vehicle laws in michigan - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2007, 05:50 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
used vehicle laws in michigan

hello,
does anyone here have any information on used vehle lemon lawns in michigan.... i bought a 2004 f350 crew psd 4x4 less then 2 months ago from a chevy dealer and so far i have spent 160 out of my pocket for diagnosis and recieved a quote for over 3,250 worth of repairs needed from 2 seperate ford dealers. the truck has 97,000 miles. the chevy dealer fixed 2 items out of the list and won;t return my calls for anything more. they did sell it with a 30 day dealer warentee and all of my concerns stem from the day i drove it off the lot. any suggestions would be awesome
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2007, 06:20 AM
duct tape & zip ties

Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg
Ok first off what is the problem with the truck. What repairs were done to the truck previously. I suggest you get a hold of an Oasis report. If you become a premium member of the Org. You can request the Oasis report from this site. I have done a Michigan Lemon Law Suit against Chevy back in 2001. The problem is your out of the 3 year 36,000 mile warranty. If you would like I suggest you contact Lemon Law - Pennsylvania Lemon Law, New Jersey Lemon Law, Maryland Lemon Law, Massachusetts Lemon Law, Delaware Lemon Law, Ohio Lemon Law that is who I used with my law suit. It cost me nothing, in return I received a check from Chevy and returned my truck to the dealer I purchased it from. It ended up being sold at an auction and was placed on a used car lot. You may have the same thing here. The truck was already declared a lemon and returned to ford. Ford may have repaired the problem and then sold the truck at an auction and the dealer you purchased it from got the truck at an auction. Which then put it on the lot to sell again.

Get a car history report and an Oasis report. These two reports will give you the most info about the history of the truck.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

vehicle history report shows an accident at 600 miles and then a single owner until last april. here's my story

went to a chevy dealer, see the ford sititng there and started to talk to the guy. he talls me about it how it was a local trade from a guy who drives highway a lot and likes to switch his truck every 3 years. i drive it it seems decent. we negotiate a deal.
the deal included new tires since th eold ones were nearly bald. i take delivery of the truck and the tires look low so i go to a gas station to fill the tires, which only had 30psi, and find out they are car tires only rated to hold 35psi. i call the chevy dealer and complain. they replace the tires with the propor truck tires. then about a week later the truck starts running poorly and i find out the 4x4 is not working right, so i make an appt at the ford dealer to get it checked out. they found it needed hubs, sway bar links, vaccum pump, left ball joints, egr, and injector work. quote was about 2,000 that visit. i took the paperwork and the truck back to checy the next week and asked for service, they said they could not find anyhting wrong with the 4x4 and that i needed to take it to ford and pay the 100 deductable for the ford diesel warentee to repair the engine issues.. after going back and showing the dealer that the hubs were frozen and would not turn they decided to replace the hubs. they ended up removing the automatic hubs and installing manual hubs, but now when you put it in 4x4, my a/c only blows out of the defrost. i make another appointment at ford 2 weeks later to get the engine work done and i ended up visiting a different ford dealer because a friend of mine has a brother who is a mechanic there and he said he would look at the vaccum issue while the diesel tech works on the engine. well i got a call from ford that the engine has no problems and it is the fuel sending unit thats faulty in the tank giving me false fuel level readings in the cab and the driveability issues were that i was sucking air into the fuel, they wanted 750 to drop the tank and replace the sending unit assembly, plus unrelated they found my right ball joints to be loose, at the tune of 325. the left they said were new....because chevy did those 3 weeks ago. so this second visit to the dealer would have been another 1,000 plus visit.
the truck has 97,000 miles and i never thoguht i would be getting such a mess when i bought it. i regret buying it now because of all the hassles. i can;t let the truck go under 1/4 tank of fuel or i run out, i can;t use the automatic 4x4 anymore because chevy put on manual hubs, and every time i visit ford its another 1,000 bucks...i don;t know if these concerns are something i should keep going at chevy for or if i am just sol at this point. i've had the truck for 6 weeks now, and 3 of those weeks it spent at the chevy dealer while they were dragging their feet on fixing it. anyway sorry about the long post...let me knwo what you guys would do at this point.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:17 PM
duct tape & zip ties

It sounds to me that you bought another mans problems. I am sorry to say but the lemon law will not work in your favor.

You basically have two options

Option one sell the truck as is and get out of it
Option 2 get the sending unit and repair the fuel tank yourself with some help. Ball joints you can get the whole kit from powerstrokeshop.com They sell the moog balljoints there.

Where in Michigan are you at. I live in Michigan as well, I maybe able to help you drop the tank and repair the sending unit and fuel sucking air issue.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:18 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Rob Send a message via MSN to Rob Send a message via Skype™ to Rob
well if you have a 30 dealer warranty then they need to fix it if they will honor the warranty since they didnt replace the worn/broken parts with the appropriate items. it is their responsibility to repair or replace anything that is wrong with it when they get it in on trade. i would take it back and tell them that they need to fix everything wrong starting with putting the correct hubs back in it! you say you have had it 6 weeks so hopefully they will help you out! if not then i am sorry you are in this predicament. i hope all goes well with this, and keep us posted ok!
Old 09-18-2007, 06:33 PM
duct tape & zip ties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwalker29 View Post
well if you have a 30 dealer warranty then they need to fix it if they will honor the warranty since they didnt replace the worn/broken parts with the appropriate items. it is their responsibility to repair or replace anything that is wrong with it when they get it in on trade. i would take it back and tell them that they need to fix everything wrong starting with putting the correct hubs back in it! you say you have had it 6 weeks so hopefully they will help you out! if not then i am sorry you are in this predicament. i hope all goes well with this, and keep us posted ok!
Sorry to say but in Michigan there is a warranty offered or the vehicle is sold as is. Most likely in this case 6 weeks is over 30 days there for he is going to have to deal with the problems he has now on his own. Even though this a previous problem from the date of purchase.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.