05 Excursion 6.0 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2007, 06:36 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to firefooll
05 Excursion 6.0

I have been looking at an Excursion that is for sale 40,300 MI leather fully loaded captains chairs front and rear it is the one I want. but I am nervous about the 6.0 I was told it by a ford mechanic that it was a bad motor. that is why it only lasted a few years. I have a F350 With 7.3 and the banks system and it has been a GREAT Truck! but I was just trying to get some help on my decision
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2007, 06:44 AM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Blue01F250 Send a message via Yahoo to Blue01F250
Generally the 05-07's are less problem riddled that what everyone things... and also - check the oasis report (by becomming a premium member on here, you can run as many as you want) and see if its had any major work done..

otherwise, the engines are usually great until they are modded it seems - that is when people start seeing problems. But lots of 6.0's have EGR problems and that Ex is still under warranty for another 3 years/60K miles!
Old 09-13-2007, 06:52 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to firefooll
if i do buy it i want to juce it up a little maby like i have in my truck just the six gun and exhaust intake just a few tweaks
Old 09-13-2007, 06:56 AM
Banned

I'm by no means a 6.0 expert (own a 7.3) so others will correct me if I'm wrong.. but

what I've acertained in this forum is that the early 6.0's were MORE prone to the problems you've heard about.. (headstuds, headgaskets, etc) and it seems that the later ones have more EGR problems, which most people decide to mod anyway - so not sure why that is much of a problem anyway (just have the dealership put the EGR delete pipe on instead of replacing with an OE part)

they are doing it for Nate (06TWO50Diesel)

And with the existing warranty - heck, they have to PROVE you caused the failure and with all the failures prior to anything you'd have - that will be HARD to do. Ford wouldn't have much of a leg to stand on.

And it seems with those mods, you'd likely be very very safe!

oh, and the 6.0's don't really need an intake upgrade as their intake is very efficient just do a zoodad

I say get it!
Old 09-13-2007, 09:55 AM

Yes, the early 6.0 had potential issues... The '05 - '07 motors have no issues that any other EGR equipped diesel has.. Funny how the EGR gets gunked up with soot and the like and they scratch their heads why they stop working right ....

The issues you hear with the newer 6.0s that are modded up I find to be self explanatory... If you consider that the 6.0 is 1.3 liters smaller then the trusty 7.3 and has BUNCHES more torque and HP you'll see that they are essentially already "chipped up" by the factory .... In other words they are already being pumped pretty hard right out of the box....

I would have no issues with a newer 6.0 as you can see that I have a '06 6.0 and just love it.... Nothing other then having the EGR cleaned on this truck so far... Pulling a rather stout 5er with it (normally 11,000 to 12,000 lbs) up and down the mountains here in Arizona with zero issues so I'm not complaining at all....

Ken....
Old 09-13-2007, 10:04 AM
Banned

Lets just say if I were buying an Excursion (read could afford one) I would buy a 6.0 Excursion rather than a 7.3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.