GEICO is cancelling my policy... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2011, 02:21 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to f250ghost Send a message via MSN to f250ghost Send a message via Yahoo to f250ghost
GEICO is cancelling my policy...

So I got a call from GEICO today at work. I just called them back when I got home, and they informed me that they are cancelling my insurance policy on my truck because it's lifted and has stacks. Has anyone else heard of this? It's freakin ridiculous! So now the hunt is on for another company...anyone ever had this problem? If so...who did you get to cover your truck?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2011, 02:26 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Are you sure it wasnt a prank?
Especially if they used the term "stacks"..
Old 11-30-2011, 02:33 PM
Serving Our Country!

Send a message via AIM to f250ghost Send a message via MSN to f250ghost Send a message via Yahoo to f250ghost
He said smoke stacks and it was a legit Geico person. I looked thru my policy though, and it says they can only cancel it if....
A) Non payment

B) License suspension, etc

C) There has been Fraud or material misrepsentation under the policy in my application.

I dont think this falls under any of it...as I told the lady before that it was lifted.
Old 11-30-2011, 02:39 PM
Serving Our Country!

If they want to drop you then screw them. Go with USAA and be done with it! I have everything insured with USAA (truck, car, house, motorcycle (technically the bike is contracted out to progressive)). They have excellent service and the prices are amazing!
Old 11-30-2011, 02:43 PM
Serving Our Country!

USAA was actually one of the more expensive ones for me. Which is strange because I'm 26 with a squeaky clean record (no tickets EVER, no accidents EVER, etc.)
Old 11-30-2011, 02:45 PM
Retired Coastie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselmatt View Post
If they want to drop you then screw them. Go with USAA and be done with it! I have everything insured with USAA (truck, car, house, motorcycle (technically the bike is contracted out to progressive)). They have excellent service and the prices are amazing!
Exactly what Matt said. I've been with USAA for over 25 years and I can guarantee you won't find another insurance company that's as good. Great coverage and great service.
Old 11-30-2011, 02:47 PM
Serving Our Country!

Just got off the phone with Geico...and they said it's because of the amount and type of customization and since it hasn't been insured for more than 60 days with them, they can cancel it. What BS...
Old 11-30-2011, 02:55 PM
Gun Nut

Send a message via AIM to Rodslinger
I see a dead lizzard looking thing in their future.

I've had USAA though for about 24 years and they're NOT what they used to be that's for damn sure.

ETA- ask them to insure your WEAPONS. It IS USAA built upon the backs of the Military right? Ask them and see the answer............hmm......
Old 11-30-2011, 02:57 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Usaa has been very good to me. Very good. Their prices aren't the very best, but their customer service makes up for it.

I got in a wreck immediately when I bought my last f250 (gasser). Some dumbass in an explorer doing 60+ in a 35, swerved and hopped a curb and smashed the bumper of my truck. Thus totaling his explorer. The cop pinned it all on me, due to the weird way the bank's parking lot opened up. USAA fixed my truck in less than a week with all ford parts before it was determined in court to be the other guys fault. The guy sued for damages to the tune of $150,000, but offered to settle out of court for $50,000

Called my USAA agent up and she literally laughed about the lawsuit. Told me not to worry about it. The dude never got a dime.
Old 11-30-2011, 02:57 PM
Serving Our Country!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodslinger View Post
I see a dead lizzard looking thing in their future.
Yep! From now on, I'm runnin over ever lizard and gecko I see with my mower and truck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.