WTF!!..Low Sulfur Diesel??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2006, 05:11 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
WTF!!..Low Sulfur Diesel???

What's the skinny with all the new stickers at the fuel pumps all of a sudden is it a different grade then what we have been useing???..Says not for 2007 or newer models So where do they get their diesel at??...also says for highway use only.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2006, 05:17 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
calm down, the fuel is the exact same as you have been using. low sulpher diesel is what your motor has run since the day you bought it.......

the stickers are a warning too guys who buy most 07 modle trucks. within the next few months they will be phasing in Ultra low sulpher diesel, which is what the brand new motors coming out are built to run on. they will phase in the new diesel and phase out the old type at the same time. the new diesel will have additives in it to make it compatable with your motor without hurting thiers. the stickers are just there to warn anyone who may end up with an 07 motor early that they shouldnt use that fuel. right now, that fuel isnt available anywere that i know of, but neither are the trucks. the 07 6.0 will run on standard low sulpher diesel, but the 6.4 which wont be launched till january, has to run on Ultra low sulpher. its just a precaution till the fuel is all phased in........Marc
Old 06-19-2006, 05:37 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Thanks for the info!!! I appreciate it!!.......I hope the new stuff doesn't sacrifice performance for us pre 07 models!!!
Old 06-20-2006, 05:53 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Hey Marc are we going to lose smoke when they switch to this cuz if so looks like I will be getting bigger injectors to make more
Old 06-20-2006, 05:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96ScreaminStroker
Hey Marc are we going to lose smoke when they switch to this cuz if so looks like I will be getting bigger injectors to make more
lol......i doubt it if your dumping enough fuel in, but honestly i dont know for sure......they are looking at emmisions of a normal running rug, not one dumping excess fuel in.....so i would think you will be able to blow smoke just fine........Marc
Old 06-20-2006, 05:57 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

do you think I would lose some engine life by putting injectors and a turbo on because I am think about it nothing too extreme but
Old 06-20-2006, 06:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96ScreaminStroker
do you think I would lose some engine life by putting injectors and a turbo on because I am think about it nothing too extreme but
common sense says any time you "rod" a motor, you take a small amount of life out of it. those parts by themselves wont cause a problem, its all in how you drive it and take care of it. i would say that running it hard with them will insignificantly affect it, but nothing that you should probably worrie about as long as its well taken care of......Marc
Old 07-11-2006, 05:21 AM

so the 07 6.0s that are currently out have not been hurt with power issues like Dodge did with the 5.9 cummins so they changed to the 6.7L ?

Any negatives with buying an 07 model that ISNT an ultra low sulfer? Id rather not buy the first years motor/truck etc, but then again i guess no one knows much about it yet.

The duramax trucks are beats, if i wasnt towing with the new truck 90% of the time i would only consider the 650lb tq duramax, allison combo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.