FORD ESP, diesel - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2011, 09:27 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
FORD ESP, diesel

Ok, I have a 2007 f250 6.0. The factory diesel warranty runs out in February. I have done decided that I will not own it without a warranty. I plan on buying the premium care for 5 years /60k or whatever the mileage is I cant remeber. I am a little confused though. I "thought" I have read somewhere that Ford will offer to extend this warranty before it runs out. I cant believe they would offer to extend the warranty on 10 year old truck. (how old it will be when the warranty I buy runs out.) It will probably not have 100k miles on it then either, I drive very few miles. I was just curious if anyone knew anythign about it. I am going to ask when I purchase the ESP but thought I would get a heads up. I think its pretty freaking awesome that they even offer it on my current truck . I mean it will be 5 years old when I buy the 5 year "bumper to bumper" warranty. I know lots of people think its stupid and a waste of money, but I like the insurance of knowing if something major blows up Im covered.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2011, 05:29 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I got the ESP basic care for my truck, covers just the really expensive stuff under the hood sans the fuel system. The one that covered everything was as much as just replacing the injectors if needed. Was only 1800 i think. Not too bad of an investment in case of a major melt down but also not enough to keep me sitting on my hands if i so choose to mod and and void the warranty.

Jason
Old 11-01-2011, 06:07 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Shop around when you get ready to purchase it. I got three different prices from the dealers in my area. They dealers may say you need to bring the truck in for an inspection $100 before you can purchase it. I purchased it from a dealer that just recently worked on my truck so they waved the fee. They want to see if it is still under the original warranty and look for any existing problems. If you do not have any gauges now would be a good time to get some, maybe a scan gauge or something similar. That way you can keep an eye on you engine temps and spot a problem before it becomes a major issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.