What kind of price can I get? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2006, 04:49 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What kind of price can I get?

Ok I've been looking to get into a diesel truck for about a year or so now and I think my wife and I are getting close. Neither of us has ever bought a used vehicle (the conventional way) and I'm looking to see if any others have some tips on how to get the best deal and I'm also looking to see what kind of price others think we could get on a truck we may look at on saturday.

here's the truck:
1999 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab XL
7.3L PSD
Auto Tranny
56540 miles
I got an email from the dealer saying $15360+Fees

I would assume the truck is as base model as they come (looks like the work truck XL's). I'd like to trade in one of my two vehicles either have a KBB trade-in value of $2k and I'd like to keep payments under $200/mo with minimum down payment. Anyone think this is possible? How can I negotiate the best price? Still haven't looked at the truck so this all pending it being nice looking and running? Anyone have any tips on getting the most $$ for my trades? Thanks for any and all help to a wannabe diesel driver .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2006, 05:08 AM
Power Strokeaholic

i put 10k down on mine w/ no trade in and took out a personal loan on the rest. make a 295 a month payment till 2011, and i've had it since '03. i know what your thinkin, thats alot of money. it is, but i managed to get an awesome intrest rate considering i had no credit and no co-signer. but the bank worked it out.mine was around 29,000 after tax and title from a dealer. make a low ball offer of maybe 13,000 and see how they act and go from there.
Old 06-16-2006, 05:29 AM
Premium Member

That seems like a good price on it. I don’t think you will hit a 200/mo. Payment with what you described.
Probally looking at 250-270. my guess is the price wont drop to much, diesels hold and get their value in most areas. One thing to consider is fuel costs and repair costs. Repairs generally are a bit more expensive on larger truck, as well as the fuel costs. they are not a cheap truck to own, but hold their value and are known for longevity.
Old 06-16-2006, 05:37 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

KBB Private Party says:
Excellent $14,165
Good $13,285
Fair $12,140

KBB Trade-In says:
Excellent $11,750
Good $11,005
Fair $9,730

My guess is that the dealership would give minimum value on the trade when they took it...so probably $9730 + they detailed it (dunno how much that costs, maybe $300) so there's $10k they have invested in it (probably less than that cause i don't figure a dealer would give that much trade-in). So if I would offer them $10k + trade-in would they laugh me out of the place? That would make me very happy plus they made whatever they sell my trade-in in profit (which would be about $3k no matter which vehicle i trade). Is $3k + whatever they make off me in financing enough profit for a dealer?
Old 06-16-2006, 06:04 AM
Premium Member

values vary by region, that truck here is fla. would go for 15k.
Old 06-16-2006, 06:33 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

i'm in Columbus (Central), OH (43204) and the truck is in Marion (Northern), OH (43019 is close)
Old 06-16-2006, 07:11 AM
Conservative and Proud

JMO..... Keep looking for the exact model/config/price you want.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.