Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Need Some Advice!!!

579 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  F3507.3POWERSTROKE>cumins 
#1 ·
Howdy, Im driving a 2008 chevy 2500hd, 6.0L Vortec (gas hog), I'm running 35s on it and i know that aint helping but it looks cool. Im getting about 10 city and 13-14 highway. with gas at 3.89/gallon and diesel somewhere around 4.15 if I'm not mistaken. Which is smarter. i have been eyeing my neighbors 07 6.0l f250 4x4 crew cab lariat normal bed. My truck gets about 305 miles to a tank of gas (25 gals). would it be cheaper to spend an extra 3 grand on my neighbors truck and keep it for about 10 years or keep my truck for about 5 and see what happens. also, I'm forking out about 93$ every time at station. 93$ for 300 miles aint cutting it. i know diesel is more expensive but my buddys duramax is getting him like 15 all over and he's got like 450 fuel range. just need some help thanks!

#2 ·
so the 6.0 is for sale? Does he have a history on it? They can be a great truck if you take care of em right... And get much better mileage than that gasser 6.0 pos. lol.

#3 ·
ya, it's not really my neighbor. dealership is behind my house. just got put in about 4 years ago. they have car fax and that stuff. looks in good shape to me though. Im still up in the air. i also have to start pulling my girlfriends boat. 23 ft malibu :). but i know my truck won't make it up to lake with that weight behind it. so just sorta looking for insight. also, any good tuners for economy mileage on it. or modifications that will give me better mpg?

#4 ·
If your truck cant haul a 23' Ski boat, gosh....Id hate to have to show you a real boat!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.