Need help deciding... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2007, 01:39 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Need help deciding...

I'm in the market for a new service truck, trying to decide between the new f-550 and the dodge 5500. I hate to risk buying a first year engine, but my truck is getting miled out, and can't risk downtime. Now, I like the ford truck itself but am leary about the new engine after the 6.0 L debacle. I also realize the dodge has a new engine as well, but haven't researched all that much into either of them. I'm leaning towards the ford but would like input about the reliability of the new 6.4l, could you guys let me know if you are satisfied with your 2008 trucks? It's a tough choice, I'm not looking for performance per se, but reliability is the real issue, my business relies on this truck to roll every morning. Thanks for your honest opinions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2007, 07:33 PM
The Fat Mod

From all I have heard so far, the new 6.4s are running real strong with very few problems. I know there are some trucks out there with a few problems, but you will get that from any of them. As it sits right now, I would not be scared of getting one if you plan on keeping it in stock trim. The after market for them is still another story, but I think they are working on it pretty dang hard. Good luck with your choice.
Old 08-19-2007, 08:24 PM
Serving Our Country!

Send a message via Yahoo to worx
I wouls have to vote for the Ford also, and probibly the same reasons- they are fixing the little quirks on the new engine and it should only get better... Anything new will take a few tries, but they seem to be quick to fix the issues to keep up the sales and get the diesels sold... which they should not have many carry over into next years markdowns... plus it looks sweet!
Old 08-19-2007, 08:35 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I say Dodge. I drove both the 6.4 and 6.7 and the 6.7 just felt better. A lot of power and get up. The 6.4 is like a 6.0 with less turbo lag.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.