i wanna run a 14 in the 1/4 mile... what do i need? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2011, 06:47 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i wanna run a 14 in the 1/4 mile... what do i need?

today, my best time was a 16.298 in the quarter mile i wanna run at least a mid 14... any suggestions on mods?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2011, 06:58 PM
The Silent Service

Three things are killing you right now:

1) The Diablo programmer.
2) The ZF6 transmission
3) Your lift kit.

The first of which is easy to fix, get yourself an SCT and some quality tuning for the 6.0L. Most of those tuners have a street file good for 400RWHP, and race files of 420+.

The transmission is a killer, as I am unaware of a short throw kit for the ZF6. It takes a bit of time to row through the gears, and you can't get a decent boosted launch.

The lift kit is something I throw out there, knowing full well once its on, it ain't coming off.

I would upgrade to a 3.5" DP, help ya clear EGT's a bit more. With the Auto, and an SCT you'd already be in the mid 14's. Not sure how much more power you'd need to compensate for the ZF6. I would assume a Powermax turbo, injectors, and some time at the track to get the timing of the shifts down would get ya there.
Old 08-21-2011, 07:12 PM

well i consider myself a good shifter cause my buddy has the same truck but crew cab and he has an edge chip that adds 100hp and i didnt blow his doors but i pulled away from him and my lift is really a weight issue all i have is a fabtech leveling block under the coil and a rough country spacer above the coil and f-350 blocks in the rear. but i do agree with you on the boosted launch. i just wanna stick with the manual trans cause its more reliable i think. but ya i know about the tires being a little big and i have stock sized tires and all. i just wanna a few engine mods and was thinkin about the sct touch screen xtreme with looney on it
Old 08-21-2011, 07:12 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
yeah my automatic with srl custom tuned sct and straight pipe exhaust i hit 14.1 at 93.33mph
heres a vid
Old 08-21-2011, 07:19 PM
The Silent Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandler6.0 View Post
well i consider myself a good shifter cause my buddy has the same truck but crew cab and he has an edge chip that adds 100hp and i didnt blow his doors but i pulled away from him and my lift is really a weight issue all i have is a fabtech leveling block under the coil and a rough country spacer above the coil and f-350 blocks in the rear. but i do agree with you on the boosted launch. i just wanna stick with the manual trans cause its more reliable i think. but ya i know about the tires being a little big and i have stock sized tires and all. i just wanna a few engine mods and was thinkin about the sct touch screen xtreme with looney on it
I would have purchased the ZF6 in my truck, had the TowBoss package had the option. The 5R110 is a great transmission, but I regret not having the stick. Here's a question, is your truck studded?

I wouldn't push a tune putting more than 400RWHP to the ground without studs, that's why I ask. If you are going to step up to injectors the 175's match well with a Powermax with 190's being the upper limit. You can get over 500RWHP on the 175's with the right air/mods. Mid 500's with 190's and thats where most of the auto guys start having transmission issues.
Old 08-21-2011, 07:27 PM

as of right now they my truck isnt studed, i was bout to order the arp studs but my buddy said that the h11's were better. i never heard of them, has anyone else?
Old 08-21-2011, 07:31 PM
The Silent Service

ARP is what 95%+ of the studded 6.0L's are running. Never heard of h11's.

Make sure you put down a fresh set of OEM gaskets, if you pull the heads to install the studs. There have been a rash of failures with aftermarket software.
Old 08-21-2011, 07:36 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
personally i wouldnt waste your money on a touch screen extreme. a sct x3 and a edge cts insight will do the job and is like the extreme just has a cord and u dont have to worry about it being wireless
Old 08-21-2011, 07:43 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
H11's are a waste of money unless you plan on tearing your motor apart several times.
Old 09-19-2011, 08:54 PM
Emergency Services

Just in case you still want a short shifter, midwest transmission has them for 175 plus shipping. BD used to make some but they were around $400 IIRC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.