bullet proofing the 6.0 powerstroke questions - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2011, 01:57 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
bullet proofing the 6.0 powerstroke questions

i have an 2006 f-250 with the 6.0. i have an egr delete and i want to upgrade the oil cooler, and was looking at the BPD oil cooler but very expensive so i was wondering if anyone would know of any other oil coolers at a more inexpensive price.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2011, 02:07 PM
information regurgitator

Nothing worth mentioning.
I have the BPD system and I will say that while it appears to be pricey at first, once you sit down and think about it, it really is priced right.
The price for the system would be similar in cost than if you were to pay someone to install a replacement oil cooler twice. The one that is bad now, and one in the future (not counting in the price increases due to the economy).
I looked at one other system, it ran about 600 cheaper. Let me tell you that the 600 is money well spent when you look at the quality of the BPD compared to the other kit. The other has a flat piece of aluminum plate that they connect the hoses to.
The BPD piece is an astounding looking thing that you connect the two MASSIVE hoses to.
Then take a close look at the actual oil cooler.
The cheaper kit comes with what appears to be a transmission cooler.
The BPD one is huge in comparison.
The cheaper kit has no provision for a thermostatic valve. If you live where you see snowplows, you will need the thermostat to prevent "cold shock."
The BPD system can maintain the stock flow of oil, which at times can reach 17 GPM.
The cheaper kit, it certainly does not appear that it can.

Those are but a few comparisons. If you laid these two kits out on a table beside eachother, you would never want that cheaper kit on your truck.
Old 08-12-2011, 02:23 PM

ok well the only thing i dont like about the kit is that you have to have a stock bumper and have to remove your fog lights, before i ever thought about buying the bpd kit im in the middle of building a steal offroad bumper and will look identical to the road armor. but i guess when im done building it ill sell it cause i much rather have a great running motor than a offoad look to my truck. but thanks alot for the advice!
Old 08-12-2011, 02:35 PM
information regurgitator

You don't have to get the bumper mount. As a matter of fact, if you need the Cold weather package (if you get snow, you need it), you can NOT use the bumper mount.
Get the condenser mount kit if you have an aftermarket (or self made) bumper and want to keep it.
Old 08-12-2011, 02:55 PM

well i live in florida, there is no snow lol. so in that case i could keep my homeade bumper?
Old 08-12-2011, 03:02 PM
information regurgitator

In that case, the BPD system is a NO-brainer. The "cheaper" kit I was talking about? It is the same price as THIS ONE from BPD.
Keep your bumper.
Old 08-12-2011, 04:22 PM

ok thanks again
Old 08-16-2011, 05:21 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
BPD hardly sells any bumper mount systems and highly recommends the condenser mounted system instead. It is a great setup if you are looking for an alternative to the oem setup. It is well engineered and beautifully made. It is weel worth the price asked and once you have it in your possession will not question why. Everything in the kit is first class.
Old 08-16-2011, 07:22 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Another +1 for BPD and the quality of the components you get with the kit. Its such a shame that once installed you cant see the masterpiece of a oil cooler they have made for us!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.