Front end problems - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2011, 03:02 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Front end problems

My 1995 power stroke is having leaf spring issues they are 3 leaf set up on my drives side they are all even and on my passenger side the top leaf spring is dead in the middle but the middle and bottom leaf spring are off to the right if you were to have your feet at the front of the rig and your head facing the back of the rig and looking up at the leaf spring and it only the back side after the axle that is like that the front part looks fine they are all all flush like the drivers side. I was messing around with it to try and get my tire to stand straight up because the top of the tire leans to the drivers side. I noticed how it has the two brackets on the leaf springs that are attached to the bottom leaf that wraps around the leaf go to the top of the leaf springs and has a bolt and nut on it to hold the leaf springs together well the front bracket is stiff and doesn't wiggle around but when i went to the back bracket it wiggles so i studied both leaf springs and noticed that the drivers side leaf spring brackets didn't move. I jacked it up on the passenger side on the frame so it would drop the axle a little bit and it straighten the tire out and made the back bracket tighten up and made it not wiggle any more. Their is a gap between the bottom and middle leaf spring where my pike finger fits when its on the ground and when i jacked it up make a bigger gap so i stuck to pry bars between them and lowered it and it kept the bracket tight and made the tire stand back up to a straight position. The middle and bottom springs are still not centered with the top leaf spring like the drivers side is. Does that mean i have a twisted leaf spring
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
leaf springs. front end

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.