2011 7.3L POWERSTROKE OLD BODY STYLE - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2011, 07:34 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2011 7.3L POWERSTROKE OLD BODY STYLE

For work i do deliveries threrfore i am in my 97 7.3 almost all day everyday and i got to thinking the other day. How cool would it be if Ford did what pepsi did with mountain dew? Mountain dew brought back there original recipe from like 50 years ago for like 1 year and it was made just like it was 50 years ago. Well how cool would it be if ford would take a step back in time and manufacture brand new 1997 7.3L powerstrokes EXACTLY the way they were back in 97 with ZERO changes except for the new exhaust technology for the EPA!!!!??? My thoughts are.....the new 6.7L arent even clean enough so the EPA made them put the exhaust fluid technology on them so it would seem that no matter what ford does, the EPA will never be happy so why not bring back the 97 7.3 for ONLY ONE YEAR and just put the exhaust technology on it to make the EPA happy. I think the sales would fly throw the roof if ford would do this. I just don't think ford know's just how popular the old 7.3'S are!! It would be like stepping back to 1997!! I just figured I would throw this idea out there and see where people take it!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2011, 09:48 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

i highley doubt ford could get on the same page with international long enough to get them to build a new 7.3. even if ford wanted to build a retro truck but i agree if ford came back out with the 7.3 they could not keep them on the lot.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:14 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
the epa aka the Environmental Propaganda Agency has ruined everything these days.. its been proven that they rejected scientific evidence that diesels arent really 'dirty' like they say and all kinds of other stuff...but of course whatever makes their pocket books grow makes them happy... that being said ill drive my 7.3 til its a dinosaur what are they gonna do bout that?
Old 07-18-2011, 10:20 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
theres so many thing wrong with the obs that if it was brought back to production, it wouldnt be a obs with all the updates.
Old 07-19-2011, 08:28 AM

no lol im talking like NOTHING would be changed or updated if they brought it back for 1 year. IT WOULD BE IDENTICAL TO A 97 with the exception of the exhaust liquid technology
Old 07-19-2011, 08:35 AM

no lol im talking like NOTHING would be changed or updated if they brought it back for 1 year. IT WOULD BE IDENTICAL TO A 97 with the exception of the exhaust liquid technology
Old 07-19-2011, 08:35 AM

What they aught to do is sell rolling chassis... cant fail emmisions with no engine then Swamps can mass produce CR'ed 7.3's and CR'ed DT360's and mate em up to BTS trannys and some sort of built manual and we will have some hellacious trucks
Old 07-19-2011, 12:17 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarisrider4life View Post
then all the issues with the body would be back.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:25 PM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
They couldnt get the 7.3 to pass 2003 emissions levels theres no way they will pass 2010 levels.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
They couldnt get the 7.3 to pass 2003 emissions levels theres no way they will pass 2010 levels.
with better flowing head, better turbo set up, better injection control, it's completely possible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.