Unsure. 6.0 or 6.4? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2011, 07:51 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Unsure. 6.0 or 6.4?

To Start off:
Lately I've been looking at getting my dream truck a Ford F250. I know, for a fact, I cant afford a new 6.7L truck and so I have been looking at trucks between 2006-2009. Now my father had a 2004 F-250 with the 6.0 ( he bought it new) and he so much trouble out of it he final sold it. so this is making me lean towards to 6.4.

so my question is; are the 06-07 6.0L better then to 03-04 6.0L? or should i stick with the 6.4.? and if anyone had any opinions about the 6.0 vs.6.4

thanks you for your time
Jeremy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2011, 07:59 PM
The Silent Service

Most folks here are going to tell ya go with the 6.4L... I'm not one of them.

The 6.0L's built after Jan '06 were great motors, not without their issues but good trucks. (I own an '07 I ordered from the factory, and I really like the truck). As long as you learn what to watch for, you can prevent major failures that will leave you stranded. You can also find the 6.0L's for a good price due to their faults, if you look hard enough, and don't buy someone else's problems. I also prefer the interiors of the '05-'07 trucks.

The emissions equipment is what cripples the 6.4L. The Job 1 trucks also had radiator problems. They are very powerful, very nice trucks, but they almost need more care and maintenance in the long run then a 6.0L would (as long as you don't blow the cooler in the 6.0L). The 6.4L is probably the best diesel ever put into an SD, but it got hit hard by that emissions gear.
Old 06-20-2011, 07:40 PM

bump for some more in site
Old 06-20-2011, 11:13 PM

After working on both I prefer the 6.0. The power offered by a DPF delete, and a tuner the 6.4 is better by far... I Prefer the sound of a 6.0 anyways... As longs as you dont blow a cooler on a 6.0L you should be fine.. It all depends on the level of modifications you plan to do...
Old 06-20-2011, 11:57 PM
Don't you worry about it

I bought a used early job one F250 and have had it for 2 years. When I got it I did have the radiator replaced and the Charge Air Cooler replaced (due to peeling paint). Other than that it has been a pleasure to own. Just put a DPF delete kit, H&S Mini Maxx and 5" flo-pro exhaust, and wow it's like driving a 9000 lb corvette.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.